QLD Property with back fence shared with primary school, considerations?

Discussion in 'Property Analysis' started by jaybean, 20th May, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. jaybean

jaybean Well-Known Member

It shares it with the oval / playground, not the main school area (don't think I'd even consider it if the main part of the school was right behind).

Is there anything to consider here that I might not have thought of? I figured there shouldn't be anything but I thought I'd put it out there just in case.

2. Joynz

Joynz Well-Known Member

Sound of bell, loudspeaker. If very close, the sound of kids playing loudly.

I live about 400m from a primary school and can hear the school's loud speaker broadcasting announcements if I am home during the day (and the wind is in the right direction...)

3. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Saturday sports?
    No excuse for kids to be late.

4. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

Just toss em over the fence......same for getting to school, and no good doing fake sickies.....

5. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

It will be very quiet at night and many weeks a year but when school is in general noise at recess, lunch and before and after school, bell and announcements. Loads of balls in the yard. Is yard used for cricket ? If you have a dog they could feed it and kill it with love (or wrong food).

Is it a state or private school - Private school esp high may have outside hours activities etc. Parking ?? - School zones are notoriously expensive if you leave car on street.

Question - Can they build on the fenceline ? How would a high wall look ?

6. Tom Rivera

Tom Rivera Property Manager Business Member

The noise can be an issue, as can be access during drop-off and pick-up. Depending on the exact location along the oval, the kids can also interfere with the tenants and backyard.

It's generally more of a negative than a positive (build that into the price paid), but there are a few extra considerations specific to the exact property. Build a nice tall fence and market to the school in January, pick up a nuclear family who love that they don't have to do a school drop off and you've got a winner!