Property Valuer Recommendations - Melbourne

Discussion in 'Accounting & Tax' started by PorkBellyLover, 18th Sep, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. PorkBellyLover

PorkBellyLover Active Member

Hi there,

Just checking if anyone has a recommendation for a property valuer based in Melbourne? I recently moved out of my PPOR and turned it into an IP.
    1. How much does such a valuation normally cost?
    2. Does the agent need access to the property?
    3. How do I know if the report will definitely comply to ATO's requirements if I were to sell in the future?
    Thanks in advance and appreciate the response.

Regards

2. Peter_Tersteeg

Peter_Tersteeg Mortgage Broker Business Member

It's fairly simple to get your broker to order a valuation which would probably be suitable. In most cases it would cost nothing, or only a nominal amount. It's possible to get a full valuation from a registered valuer.

It may be worth getting a depreciation report as a supplement to, or instead of a valuation.

PorkBellyLover and Archaon like this.
  3. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

A valuer isnt needed for this purpose (s118-192). A written agent opinion (or if you get a few choose the highest one :) before losing the others) may suffice or you can DIY but it needs to be based on reasonable sales data ie recent sales etc.

Finance vals may err on the low side so take care

The QS report would be a good idea and Depreciator could guide costs and if its worthwhile. You may even be able to claim plant & equipment depreciation. They can guide the benefits v costs based on property age etc

PorkBellyLover likes this.
  4. Hamish Blair

Hamish Blair Well-Known Member

Valuation now will save time, money and angst in the future.
    I recently obtained one from Hendrey Associates for about $1,500. Quite comprehensive but it covered a development. Existing property might be less.

HOME