NSW Property valuation

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by forever_learning, 25th Jul, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Tattler

Tattler Well-Known Member

@Gockie, you can actually see the high voltage tower at 55 Pogson Drive. That is a huge no-no for me. Have a look Street view from 47 Pogson Drive and you will know what I mean.

2. Mypropertyopinion

Mypropertyopinion Member

Agree. I personally wouldn't pay up to $1.5M for this one even though it may end up selling for this price given the high voltage tower is close by (although far enough from the property).

You can find cheaper and newer properties in the area closed off by Castle Hill Rd, County Dr and New Line Rd. Also the closer you get to Castle Hill Rd (Or before that at John and Robert Rd), you get the added benefit of walking distance to the future Cherrybrook train station. Most of the properties in this enclosed area is also zoned for Cherrybrook Tech.

3. Blue Cat

Blue Cat Member

Hi forever_learning, if you're searching around the Hills, why don't you have a look at this one at Castlewood Dr, Castle Hill - 39 Castlewood Drive Castle Hill NSW 2154 - House for Sale #123191318 - realestate.com.au

Its around a lower price range than the Cherrybrook property and doesn't have negatives like power lines, T-intersection and bush in backyard. David and Thomas Choy at McGrath Castle Hill are great and very straightforward agents to deal with, can't say the same about other local agents.

4. Mypropertyopinion

Mypropertyopinion Member

I feel Castlewood is little too far from the core amenities Castle Hill has to offer. if you have the budget I would consider something closer by - say within 800m radius of Castle Towers and the future train station.

I've had very different experiences dealing with David Choy and Thomas Choy. In one instance David overestimated the expected rent for a property at 28 Stewart Dr, Castle Hill saying that it can earn $750 in weekly rent (my estimate was $600 p/w max!). In the end the poor buyer believed him and after the house was settled the property was up for lease sure enough for &750 p/w. I then kept an eye on the lease progress and watched the rent drop month after month. In the end it was taken off the realestate sites and around 2 years later the property was again up for sale.

At the same inspection David Choy said to me that this house on Stewart Dr was the 'closest house to Castle Towers. Anything closer are all apartments and townhouses." I replied with "I live in Castle Hill.' Then he stopped.

The agents in Castle Hill that are less dishonest to buyers in my opinion are Gilmour and Murdoch Lee. That is also reflected in their sold prices which tend to be lower should the property be sold through another agent (eg Louis Carr or McGrath Castle Hill).

Last edited by a moderator: 1st Feb, 2017
    Jacque likes this.
  5. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

Nice if you can get it for the advertised price range....

6. Mypropertyopinion

Mypropertyopinion Member

Agree. If you can lock it in within that price range then it's not a bad buy although I would probably spend it on a property in a better location.

Highly unlilkely to sell for that low though. David Choy's new strategy is advertise low but sell at a totally different price. Have a look at the below link as an example. Not the only one but one I recall when I am property hunting. Auction price guide >900k, sold for 1.4M

47 Brisbane Road, Castle Hill, nsw - Property Sold Price

7. forever_learning

forever_learning Member

Hi kamchatsky, I agree Trevor is a very shrewd REA. Also, yes this'll be a PPOR purchase.

8. forever_learning

forever_learning Member

Hi Mypropertyopinion, thanks for the tip on the areas to focus on. What do you think about properties on David Rd side of Cherrybrook?

9. forever_learning

forever_learning Member

Hi Blue Cat, I did look at the Castlewood property this afternoon but passed as it wasn't in Cherrybrook Tech catchment. Thanks for pointing this property out.

10. Tattler

Tattler Well-Known Member

David Road side is actually Castle Hill rather than Cherrybrook. However most are still zoned into CTHS (check the Zoning map please). Oakhill Drive Public School is not as good as John Purchase or Cherrybrook Public though, if there is primary school requirement.

11. Mypropertyopinion

Mypropertyopinion Member

David Rd side is slightly cheaper than the area I mentioned. Coming from an investor's perspective my primary focus would still be on the other side of County Rd, however as this one is a PPOR I would consider it - shift changes more to the house itself than CGs. Just make sure your property of interest on David Rd side is zoned for Cherrybrook Tech and if the price is right, I would consider it for PPOR :)

12. Mypropertyopinion

Mypropertyopinion Member

Hi Forever Learning,

Here are some links for your reading pleasure. Although i don't expect all of the the plans to eventuate, it still gives you a good idea of government's focus area of development for Cherrybrook.

Cherrybrook Station Precinct Urban Transformation Project - Hornsby Shire Council

http://www.planning.nsw.gov.au/Plan...~/media/7D0FF348A0E0441880EA63CA8C46EC67.ashx