Property Search Engine

Discussion in 'Property Information Resources & Tools' started by Ben43, 17th Oct, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Ben43

Ben43 Well-Known Member

Is there a data driven property search engine that is good for Australian property?

For example, you punch in location, estimated or actual rental yield, population growth, bedrooms, freestanding, distance to schools, distance to shops, block size etc and it gives you a bunch of results?

I'm looking for a giant filter where I can put in those parameters and find candidate properties, not find a property and then do the analysis.

Or am I dreaming?

2. Ben43

Ben43 Well-Known Member

Signing up for a trial of RP Data to see if it's what I'm after - I tell you if the web developer who built the RP Data sign up process worked for me he'd be fired immediately.

3. Randy123

Randy123 Member

How are you signing up for trial of RP data? I'm interested too.

4. Ben43

Ben43 Well-Known Member

Hi - RPData wasn't the thing. I ended up creating an online spreadsheet with all the important variables and collecting the data.

So my system I have now is to
    a) Use my filters to refine properties (price, block size, location etc)
    b) Add only properties matching my criteria (freestanding, 3+ bdr etc etc, actually a "house")
    c) Collect all the suburb data from open source
    d) I then review and add annotations or exclude properties

So I end up with a list of rows that I can sort and filter. Lots of work.

5. temporun

temporun Member

Where did you get your info from? I'm doing the same in a Very Detailed Spreadsheet but want to keep the data source consistent but am collecting some non-standard data.

6. KaizenInvestor

KaizenInvestor New Member

Hi...I have been searching for a website where I can search for a suburb based on 10 years average annual growth. For example, to give me a list of the suburb that has been showing the growth of over 10% in the last 10 years. Is there a website that provides this kind of data or I should create manually on excel using data from CoreLogic and other open-source? Thanking you in advance

7. Bur s

Bur s New Member

That’s a really good idea where are you gathering your information from to fill the spread sheet? What area or areas are you currently doing research on?