Property orientation

Discussion in 'What to buy' started by Eky, 28th Jun, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Eky

Eky Member

Hi all
    Just wondering what is the ideal property orientation from the picture that I have attached.

Which of the 2 property have better orientation towards the sun 392 or 410? I would want the master bedroom at the front of the house facing towards the street.

Thank you

Attached Files:

2. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

What you want is that the living areas are facing north, who cares which direction the bedroom faces (east is pleasant/morning sun, West is hot).

Realatorpreneur likes this.
  3. Propertunity

Propertunity Well-Known Member

North-facing backyard so you have light & sunny outdoor living.
    South-facing bedrooms are cooler and darker - ideal for sleeping.

4. Eky

Eky Member

I see, so would u recommended that lot number 410 is better orentated compared to 392.

2F5DF336-0DEE-4B76-B1D6-5F4F2D58CC08.png

5. Propertunity

Propertunity Well-Known Member

Yes, but that's not the only consideration in buying land.

6. Eric Wu

Eric Wu Well-Known Member

are you buying a land-house package?

have you seen the position of the house yet?

7. Eky

Eky Member

Yes it is a house and land package and I have seen the both of lands and their positions.

I was just wondering which to pick in Oder to make the most out of the sunlight. Also is it better if a property faces another house or faces towards the park?

8. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

Generally block 410 is better, but consider traffic, land slope (high side of street).
    Also I'd choose to take a park view over a view of another house.

But a tip. If this budget allows you to buy a bigger block with an existing old house closer into the city, it mightn't be a bad idea to take the older house.

On a 450sqm block there's likely no space for a secondary dwelling. But a larger block might give you that option. Then (with council approval) you can knock the existing house down (or you might already have backyard access already) and possibly build a second dwelling. You mightn't ever do it, but it will give you and future buyers the option.

Note, I haven't taken into account which state you are in. What I just wrote is an option in NSW, but it may not be applicable in other cities/states/council areas.

Also, I just opened the image that was attached in the original post. I can't read the details but it appears that there's many lots being released. This is likely to drive down your resale values for the next 10 years because people can buy new nearby or one of your neighbouring houses, that is, they'll have lots of choice. With this, the supply and demand ratio will skew towards the buyers favour, and this will stifle price growth. Whereas in older well established (owner occupied dominated) suburbs there tends to be few people selling at any one time, and these homes tend to have the benefit of being closer into the city and better for commuting to work. If you buy, do think about access into the city (this is important as a general rule if thumb, however it's especially important in a location like Sydney as you* don't want to be struggling to get to work every day).

I have a new colleague, started 2 days ago, he and his wife only just moved to Sydney from Brisbane (Ipswich) and at the moment they are living in Richmond (very outskirts of Sydney). He said it takes him 1.5 hours each way to get to work (near Town Hall). It's been pointed out that he could commute quicker/in the same amount of time from the Central Coast. Anyway, I believe they are looking to live somewhere closer in. :)

Just food for thought.

*"you" meaning anybody living there. You want the home to have easy and quick access to where the higher paying jobs are located. It mightnt affect "you" personally, but it will probably affect at least 1 or more people in the household.

Last edited: 29th Jun, 2018
    Eky, samiam and Marg4000 like this.
  9. John_BridgeToBricks

John_BridgeToBricks Buyer's Agent Business Member

392 has the nicer aspect because it faces East and will catch the morning sun. But it does depend on what the balcony would be looking into. Ie is the apartment simply looking into someone else's apartment? And how much shadow is there from the rest of the construction.

If you are looking to own and occupy, these seem like very nice apartments.

If you are looking to invest, then I would caution you against buying something this new, and against buying into such a big complex. There is a lot I don't know about this property, but new and off the plan of this size rarely make good investments particularly at this point in the cycle.

Best,

10. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

Hey John these are blocks of land not apartments.

Anyway back to OP @Eky if I was to choose between the 2 then I would choose 410 but you'd still need to be careful with design and minimise windows on the west and I'd put the courtyard in the north corner

Eky and Propertunity like this.
  11. Eky

Eky Member

I see, so backyard that faces north it ideal. Have any of uses had issues with a property facing a park, such as to much noise because of people or street being more busy?

Btw this property is located in south Guildford. I am really happy with location as it’s close to Perth CBD and I work their too. I was also considering Bletchley Park in Southern River but it’s a lot further out and would take me much longer to get to work. It has really nice park lands their though. So I’m just a little confused

12. Eky

Eky Member

Hi John
    These are lands for sale in South Guildford. It’s a new estate called Rosehill Waters. I am considering buy a land there to build my first house. So I was wanting to know the best orientation the house should face. 392 seems to have more privacy as it is straight across from other houses but 410 has a nice park view. Just can’t make a decision

13. Eky

Eky Member

Thanks for those information, I really do appreciate all the help. The area that I am interested in is South Guildford and it is only 12km our from the city and has 2 train station less than a 6 min drive. So no issues going to work and the city. Only issues is that it is close to the airport so planes do fly over but I can live with that as they don’t bother me. Plus the estate is providing double glass windows along With other bonus.

Gockie likes this.
  14. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

I would always prefer a park across the road. Great for next buyers who might have kids

15. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

Facing park.

Either block of land could have a house built that takes advantage of the sun if it is designed to suit the land. You will have to select a house plan with that in mind, which may not be available to you if you get a H&L package.