Property newbie from Brisbane

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Hanso, 12th Oct, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Hanso

Hanso Active Member

Hey PCer's

I've been lurking silently for awhile picking up some great information, but thought it was time to join up.

30 yrs of age and currently have a PPOR and going unconditional on my first IP in the coming days. I will be looking for number 2 sometime in the new year.

Looking forward to learning more from the knowledge bank that is PC.

Hanso

2. David24

David24 Member

Hi Hanso,
    welcome to PC, hope all go smooth with IP. I was 'lurking' as well , joined yesterday , seems to be a good crew here. Are you investing locally ?

3. Hanso

Hanso Active Member

Hey David,

At this stage locally, as I'm more familiar with the area. Found it quite competitive up here though.

4. David24

David24 Member

Hi Hanso,
    I'm starting locally as well . I can do my property research locally then branch out .
    It;s competitive because it seen as a good area at the moment ,sydney too hot "bubble ?",
    regional areas cold mining downturn ? production phase, there are always good ones coming up,
    Many locals don;t know what people will pay and set too low.
    Just sold ppor for $40k above one local agents list price buy another savvy agent.

5. House

House Well-Known Member

Gday and welcome to the forum Hanso :) Sounds like you have your foot and mindset firmly in the investing door so congrats on that. Where are you looking for IP2?

6. Hanso

Hanso Active Member

Hi Alex, as far as number two goes still a bit of work for me to do on location(in Brisbane), my budget is going to be the limiting factor $400k. That will pretty much have my out of BCC on the southside. Need to do some more research on the north. Any suggestions?

7. 733

733 Well-Known Member

Welcome to a fantastic forum - lots of amazing knowledge and experience here - something to learn every day...

8. Bryan Loughnan

Bryan Loughnan Well-Known Member

Welcome and best of luck with your investment journey!