Property Mentors

Discussion in 'Property Experts' started by Vasa, 31st Jul, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Vasa

Vasa Member

Hi All
    I'm a newbie to property investing and was looking at signing up with Real Wealth Australia's mentoring program. Was wondering if anyone out there has used them and whether it was a good or bad experience. They are asking for 10k for the program which is steep but a small price if the mentoring gets you in to the right regional towns or suburbs.

2. spludgey

spludgey Well-Known Member

Don't do it! Spend time on here rather than money there and you'll be much, much better off!

733, Nixba and larrylarry like this.
  3. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

I know people that have done mentoring programs and were no better off than before they started. Then i know some people who did courses which just catapulted them.

I agree all of what's in a property investment course can be learnt from books and networking here though. No course has secrets that you cant learn from books and networking. There are no secrets.

If someone was hell-bent on spending 10k on a course, i would rather find a successful mentor on here who others recommend and pay them 1:1 for mentorship. Personally i think the right mentor can have an amazing impact on a mentee and their progress. I just don't have much faith in the commercial courses. Needs to be 1:1.

Last edited: 31st Jul, 2015
    Rich2011 and Phantom like this.
  4. 380

380 Well-Known Member

@Vasa

Read posts here and on Somersoft before you sign up on any mentoring courses.

Plenty free information available from experienced investors.

Taku Ekanayake likes this.
  5. Samten

Samten Well-Known Member

@Vasa Experienced investors here are always happy to answer any questions you have. It is a treasure trove of knowledge here.

KayTea likes this.
  6. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

I agree many people on here are happy to share free information.

Though there does come a point where there are no more free lunches in life. Its human nature.

Taku Ekanayake, OC1 and Phantom like this.
  7. Vasa

Vasa Member

Been looking through the different threads and absolutely awesome the amount of info on here and Somerset to help newbies like me.

8. Ace in the Hole

Ace in the Hole Well-Known Member

The only time I'd recommend a mentoring service to that degree was if you were making disgustingly huge amounts of money already and were extremely time poor.
    However, if you get to that level of success, it's unlikely you would need to pay for a mentoring service to acquire knowledge, and the action part would be a non issue.

Taku Ekanayake and Sackie like this.
  9. Phantom

Phantom Well-Known Member

I say don't do it. Stick around on this forum and read as many threads as you can. If you do this for long enough, you will understand a great deal more about PI than you do now.
    Along the way, if you there is something you don't understand or not sure about, just ask someone. If you're shy to ask in the public forum just ask via a private conversation with any member. I have done this many times, and have never been ignored. Never. Such are the generous members of this forum.

After plenty of reading you will start to learn more and more. At the same time you can buy a couple books from various authors (Jan Somers comes to mind) which will help along the way.
    Hope that makes a difference for you. :)

733, Toon and Sackie like this.
  10. Phantom

Phantom Well-Known Member

I agree with you Leo. At some stage there are no more free lunches.. the idea is if you've done enough research and learning you won't need anyone to make you a sandwich. You will be making your own sandwich!!!:D

Sackie likes this.
  11. Steven Ryan

Steven Ryan Well-Known Member

$10k is a LOT of money when you can learn 99% of what you need to about investing here.

Even paying a Buyers Agent $10k tomorrow to source your a property would probably result in more learning and a much better financial outcome in the long run.

So would, as @Leo2413 suggested, paying for $10,000 of time from a brilliant mentor for one-on-one work.

Mind you, I am all for investing in yourself and your education. I've spent thousands on courses in the last year but $10k to learn some of the ins and out of investing in property is quite a bit.

Colpio79, KayTea and ej89 like this.
  12. Roosterman

Roosterman Well-Known Member

13. Tranquilo

Tranquilo Well-Known Member

Join here for $9.90 a month better than $10,000.
    Also, I think becoming a premium member other PCers know you're not just a blow in never to be seen again once you got your information. Then you'll have many mentors:)

KayTea, KMD, OC1 and 1 other person like this.
  14. Tekoz

Tekoz Well-Known Member

One thing for sure, check their names against this list for example:

http://www.fairtrading.nsw.gov.au/f...0150730_property_spruikers_put_on_notice.page
    • No Loan Home Pty Ltd trading as Perth’s Easyhomes WA, Filip Butkovic, Nikola Butkovic, Patricia Susilo, Bryan Susilo and Rowan Lines, led by Consumer Protection Western Australia
    • We Buy Houses Pty Ltd and its director Rick Otton, led by the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission as a result of a coordinated investigation with NSW Fair Trading
    • Benjamin David Chislett, Creative Property Australia Pty Ltd and Benny Bull Pty Ltd led by Consumer Affairs Victoria.

733 likes this.
  15. Michael_X

Michael_X Mortgage Broker Business Member

My suggestion is to save your cash towards your IP.

1. Read the forum lots
    2. Follow what the experienced investors say
    3. Come to the meet ups
    4. Ask if they are available to meet up for a coffee

That's how I learnt when I first started, was amazed at how giving some forumites are.

Good luck!

Cheers,
    Michael

16. Biz

Biz Well-Known Member

I'll be your mentor for 5k.

Last edited by a moderator: 5th Aug, 2015
    Patamea and OC1 like this.
  17. WattleIdo

WattleIdo midas touch

I'll say that you're my mentor for 5K.o_O
    :rolleyes: No I won't.

Last edited: 2nd Aug, 2015
    KayTea likes this.
  18. WattleIdo

WattleIdo midas touch

Are you referring to becoming a premium member?

19. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

No mate. Just my experience there will come a point where some of the time you'll need to pay for some specific consultant's expertise on certain things if you want to be successful in that area. Thats just been my experience. At some point not everything can be free.

20. jins13

jins13 Well-Known Member

Agree with what Michael said. Another thing is if they "walk the talk". Too many fakers that talk as if they know everything about the industry and upon closer investigation they have nothing. Talk is cheap, however good advice is priceless.

OC1 likes this.