Property Managers in Logan

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by chunky_lafunga, 8th Jul, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. hudbry

hudbry Well-Known Member

Hi all,

Just bought in Eagleby and was looking at a couple of possible agents.

Thoughts on both please:

1. Jason Savage - All Properties Group Logan

2. Tony Harper - Harper Real Estates (I know Ago has had a bad experience).

Thanks.

2. Greyghost

Greyghost Well-Known Member

I was recommended and for my 2 properties use:

Sumayya Burger - Red Rock Reality.

Best agent I've had in any state.

3. hudbry

hudbry Well-Known Member

Thank you for that. I'll have a look into that.

Anyone else got any feedback on the other two?
    Cheers.

4. Benjy

Benjy Active Member

So far I can only say good things about New Way property management. Only been three months but Tanya's communication has been excellent and a couple of minor maintenance issues have been dealt with promptly. Ongoing 6%, one weeks rent letting fee and $30 per inspection.

5. bwklau

bwklau Member

Hi Hudbry,

As a buyer, I found Jason Savage to be a bit brash, not that easy to deal with - haven't experienced dealing with him in the PM role though.

I second Sumayya and Lu Bracher - both really good, similar fees - very approachable and willing to take a call anytime!

Cheers, B.

hudbry likes this.
  6. Dmarkw

Dmarkw Well-Known Member

Add White knights Logan central to the list of managers not to go near. Incompetent and unethical when it came to terminating property manangement rights.

cstar likes this.
  7. Kangaroo

Kangaroo Well-Known Member

What is the acceptable PM % fee in Logan ?

8. hudbry

hudbry Well-Known Member

Thanks for that. Much appreciated.
    I might give him a call to have a chat.

Thanks again.

9. charlie01

charlie01 Well-Known Member

Sumayya charges following fees:

letting fee
    rent collection commission
    management commission
    periodic inspection fee
    postage

10. htopg

htopg Well-Known Member

My brain is now full of the following slogan:
    Think blink, or you'll miss it.

Hmm.. better miss it than get it?;)

TJD likes this.
  11. Chris Au

Chris Au Well-Known Member

This really impressed me. I called her about a property I am thinking about buying. From the address, she knew the property and area (amongst the many many she PMs for!) and gave me a run down about it. And I had never spoken to her before (so there was no obligation/loyalty that she had to show). Certainly a great first impression. I'm also impressed that she attends the B&P inspection to give a comment from a PMs perspective.

kelv and Jerry O like this.
  12. Jerry O

Jerry O Well-Known Member

She's good.. very.. good... ;)
    Also, her whole team in PMHQ.

13. Ex-Blink Property Tenant

Ex-Blink Property Tenant New Member

I was a tenant at Blink Property [Southport] (Dec 2014-Dec 2015). From my understanding, some of their staff now work at the new site in Logan.

I would strongly advise against renting your property through Blink Property.

From a property owner's perspective:
    - Inspections completed on the property I stayed at were extremely short [I was present for every inspection, except for 1]. The Blink staff member would do an extremely quick walk through of the property and take gross [large-scale] photos of the property with their phone. I highly doubt these photos showed any of the finer details that you would expect a tenant to maintain in a property. At the time of renting the property, I was a university student, living a dense-university populated area. I expected the inspections to be thorough instead of superficial. I know if I was the property owner, I would have expected a lot more.
    - When I first moved into the property the gutters and the storm drain were over-filled. You may recall that there were a fair few heavy-rains in Dec 2014. Water was flooding the garage and the carpet-floor entrance to the unit. Blink was notified of this on the first day I moved in. They did nothing. Eventually, I organised for someone to clean it as I did not want my belongings or the units carpet to continue to get ruined.
    - 1 month prior to the end of my lease, I notified Blink Property of a tap on the property that was leaking a constant and steady stream of water. I notified Blink Property immediately. By the time I left, the tap was leaking an even heavier stream of water constantly. No one had come to fix the leak. With most rental properties- the owner pays for water

From a tenants perspective:
    - By the time I vacated the property, pest control was 6 months overdue [this was evident by the insect nests that had begun to reside in the walls and along any small cracks in the property]
    - Blink Property was notified in August that the smoke alarm was not working [likely due to the missing battery], by the time I vacated the property, it still had not been fixed
    - Blink Property regularly did not provide me with an entry notice when a representative entered the property- this is not in line with the RTA's policies, and is a huge safety violation according to the RTA.
    - At the beginning of the tenancy, the dryer did not work. Blink was notified of this on the first day I moved in. They had not fixed this by the time my lease ended.
    - There was mould on the roof at the beginning of my tenancy, and like the dryer, nothing was done by Blink to rectify this issue. Blink has been managing the property for some time now. They had not maintained the property to a liveable standard.

There are so many other issues, and simply too many to type.

If I had time to re-pack and move during the year, I would have left the property. If I had a clear knowledge of the RTAs guidelines at the time of living there [especially s185], I would have broken the lease. Blink did not maintain the property to a sufficient standard, often failing to complete or start repairs.

I would like to make note that my rental bond was returned to me in full, so this view is not from a simply spiteful tenant. I genuinely believe Blink Property is not up to scratch. I would never allow Blink Property to manage my investments, and I would never rent again from Blink Property.

melNzac likes this.
  14. melNzac

melNzac Member

15. melNzac

melNzac Member

We sadly are having the same issues with the Toukley Central Coast NSW office. We made a complaint to head office about the aggressive attitude of one female property manager, now we are suffering same consequences. Please please AVOID Blink Property and save yourself a world of trouble. The only 2 females working in that office are both unbelievable, they won't look after your property and harass tenants till the point of them all moving out.

16. melNzac

melNzac Member

17. melNzac

melNzac Member

The word needs to be passed around the avoid Blink, we are now looking at a legal battle with this Toukley office. Regret ever stepping foot in their office. Bizarre attitudes to the point of stalker like.

18. melNzac

melNzac Member

19. melNzac

melNzac Member

Anything with Blink. Run away. Especially Central Coast office property managers Toni and Terri.

20. RetireRich101

RetireRich101 Well-Known Member

So much love for Blink from a tenant and landlord perspective ? :p

Property Investors! Ready to Pay Less Tax? Estimate how much Property Depreciation you can claim on your Investment Property. Washington Brown's calculator is the first calculator to draw on real properties to determine an accurate estimate.