Property manager south west Brisbane

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by Galloping granny, 14th Jul, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Galloping granny

Galloping granny Member

I seem to have struck out with my current manager for my 2 properties . While they seem to be ok at finding tenants , they don't seem to know anything about house repairs and tend to go to the most expensive (and often inappropriate trade) with the glossiest marketing material when something goes wrong . They seem to have limited experience in solving problems ( such as finding out if its a tenant user problem in the first instance). I am not looking for cut price tradies- i just want middle of the road quality trades such as i would engage for my own house ( or my PM in Sydney would use) and a property manager that uses their intelligence and knowledge in the first instance . I am now picking up problems in their accounts to me as I do my tax (not in my favour) . Its time to change. I have had 2 brilliant property managers elsewhere, but seem to have struck out this time . My 2 properties are in the centenary suburbs and close by.

MyPropertyPro likes this.
  2. MyPropertyPro

MyPropertyPro REBAA Buyer's Agents Sutherland Shire & Surrounds Business Member

@Galloping granny I feel your pain - as investors ourselves we started our agency because we have experienced the exact same problems with previous property managers in Brisbane (and elsewhere) so we started our own agency with policies and procedures in place to target exactly what investors like yourself want.

It's always made me uncomfortable that a fund manager managing a $500,000 portfolio for a client generally has significant qualifications and accountability for doing so, yet a PM managing a $500,000 property asset most of the time does not. At the very least a PM agency should have experience in property investing themselves, otherwise how can they know exactly what product an investor wants? I believe that disconnect is generally what causes the problems with property management and it's a systemic issue with the industry.

- Andrew

3. SStar

SStar Active Member

I highly recommend our PM. She's very experienced and knowledgeable in many aspects.
    She found a tenant for our property before settlement by arranging a showing time with the owner. She'd also managed to get builders through for quotes prior to settlement, so work can begin the very next day after we settled. She is Bernadine Graham from Integrity Property Management
    07-3808 8875

Hope this helps.

733 likes this.
  4. 733

733 Well-Known Member

Check out the Forum as it has many great PM agencies - my partner is an ex Engineer and he looks after our maintenance matters exceptionally well by always analysing the cause of a problem to determine potential solutions. Like many of the PM agencies on this forum we are active investors ourselves and have launched our boutique agency to offer our clientele what we want as owners ourselves. Check out some posts, read through them and see which agency aligns to your values and expectations. There are many fantastic agencies out there doing great work with well qualified PMs !

Taku Ekanayake likes this.
  5. Xenia

Xenia Well-Known Member

check out diligentPM they are awesome

733 likes this.
  6. Galloping granny

Galloping granny Member

Thanks Jodie and Andrew -

7. Galloping granny

Galloping granny Member

thanks SStar

8. Galloping granny