Property manager moving my business to another agency

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by Norm, 19th Nov, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Norm

Norm Active Member

Hi

My property manager rang me today to tell me they are moving my business to another property manager. They said they would like this transition done in the next week.

I am actually quite happy with the current PM. The new PM seems to be a new agency Deximal property services run by Daniel ganon who coincidentally is selling his home at the moment. I don't have any reviews of this agency.

Am I entitled to see out my contract with the current PM or do I have to move to the new agency? What are my rights?

Norman

2. Morgs

Morgs Well-Known Member Business Member

Could be selling the rent roll. In which case your options are either go with the new mob or start the process to find a new PM.

3. Warren from Geelong

Warren from Geelong Active Member

Hi @Norm, I see that you are from Perth and I believe WA has some very different laws to us in VIC. But I just wanted to say that in VIC, we have purchased two rental portfolios this year and our landlords have been very impressed with us. I guess that if a business is forward-thinking enough to grow by acquisition, there's already some good people and systems in place so hopefully this change good be for the better :)

Also, in VIC, there's no contract period, the landlord or agent can pretty much terminate or transfer at any time with the right notice period.

4. Peter_Tersteeg

Peter_Tersteeg Mortgage Broker Business Member

Odds are the new property manager will do their best to impress the new landlords. They will have given a lot of thought to how they'll handle the extra properties to ensure they get the most benefit from the rent roll.

I'd say stick with them for the moment. They haven't given you any reason to leave and they've got every incentive to keep you.

Michael Mitchell likes this.
  5. Terry_w

Terry_w Lawyer, Tax Adviser and Mortgage broker in Sydney Business Member

An assignment of your contract. Terms will continue as normal