Property Manager in Auburn, NSW

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by Doctor Evil, 23rd Dec, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Doctor Evil

Doctor Evil Member

Anyone has a recommendation for a competent and dedicated property manager around Auburn (NSW)? What has been your experience so far?

2. Zoolander

Zoolander Well-Known Member

Hi Doctor Evil, I've got a property manager one suburb away in Parramatta who's pretty good.
    It's LJ Hooker Parramatta. Thing is they charge pretty high rates (7.0%), a result of sacking the previous agents and swapping in better tenants - paying a little extra to avoid the headache and going through NCAT with a less-than-competent manager is something no one wants to go through more than once! The team lead I deal with Costa is quick to respond, proactive with recommendations, and they use a requests management system which sends an email whenever my input is needed - either a "approve", "decline", "further discussion needed" button click.

I can send over his details if you're interested, even to set the upper limit of what you'd expect.
    There are some decent agents who charge 4% + GST, so the fee isn't always reflective of skill.

Check out a few agents and look up some questions you can ask them to gauge how good they are - any questions around how they select prospective tenants to put forward, how they will handle an unresponsive tenant, experience going through NCAT tribunals, and general qualifications.

Hope this helps :)