Property management agents

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by giraffez, 17th Dec, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. giraffez

giraffez Well-Known Member

Is there a website out there that gives reviews of real estate agents. I'm looking for a new agent to manage my property due to an incompetent one at the moment. I don't want to get stuck with another one that doesn't do their job properly.

Also, what is the market commission rate for property management at the moment? Does this percentage depend on the rent per week? ie if the rent is higher, the percentage is lower.

Last edited: 17th Dec, 2015
  2. Xenia

Xenia Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if there are any complete ones or how reliable they would be.
    I've had new prospective landlords that have asked me to give them 3 numbers of current clients that they can ring and speak to, I've looked through my phone and wrote down 3 numbers for them. Maybe that is a tactic you can use, ask for 3, 5, 10 clients that you can speak to in private as a reference.

Another strategy you can use is to ring as a tenant on their for rent listings and see what kind of response you get. How willing are they to show you the property? Do they have open inspections booked or can they book you into one soon?

As for a service guarantee - can they stand by their service.

Also ask, what is the worst thing that has gone wrong in your agency? What balls have been dropped and what happened? If they say that everything is perfect - they are lying.

MTR and 733 like this.
  3. Chilliblue

Chilliblue Well-Known Member

Post here

Mooze likes this.
  4. Nick Valsamis

Nick Valsamis Well-Known Member

5. Property Expert

Property Expert New Member

Hi it depends on the location of your property try the website localagentfinder.com.au there you will get a summary of Local Agents abnd there proposals to manage your property for you.

6. Props 2 U

Props 2 U Member

Yes, check out Property Concierge. Very good!

7. 733

733 Well-Known Member

I do not think that property concierge offer reviews of real estate agents - it appears to be a property management business with an interesting point of difference

8. Props 2 U

Props 2 U Member

No, but hey do sort out the crap PM's for you. Saves trying to work out the best one. All PM's promise the world initially but then let you down later on.

9. Davothegreat

Davothegreat Well-Known Member

I'm not sure how much value this would really offer as who's to say the numbers you provide will be for clients that will be impartial and therefore offer valuable, unloaded feedback? As the PM this hands you the opportunity to preselect clients you know will say good things about your business. It's no better than testimonials being filtered before being posted on a corporate website - as if they're going to put up anything other than glowing comments.

10. Xenia

Xenia Well-Known Member

true

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia