Property listed in 2 suburbs (in land title owners corp etc)

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by melbournian, 28th Feb, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. melbournian

melbournian Well-Known Member

I saw a unit that hasn't been sold yet, called up the agent asking the price which i thought was low but then got a s32 for a unit, the owners Corp, advertising, postal address has it in one suburb (balwyn) but the planning title, rates, has it in another suburb (deepdene) which is at the border.

For those in melbourne, balwyn is a top suburb (with a top public school) and deepdene is like the next suburb to it which recently got some of balwyn's areas in 2010. i presume this would land titles would be definite judgement?

2. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Council boundaries are better evidence especially if its in a different LGA and the boundaries have changed.

3. Sonamic

Sonamic Well-Known Member

This has happened to one of mine. When it was first built it was given a suburb name and postcode. Then a couple of years ago they expanded the aforementioned suburb and made it more exclusive (the ultra exclusive part even has Island attached to it). All of a sudden my property address was relegated to an older existing suburb and postcode without moving. Now it's former suburb name and postcode enjoys a 150k Median difference to my "new" property location details. And to rub salt in the wounds this is reflected in Valuations. 150k is a lot of Equity to loose because of where a desktop Val says your property is located at. I even told them the address was the original suburb when I bought in, but they corrected me and told me I was incorrect as to which suburb my property was in and as such was ONLY worth $xxxx.:mad:

wylie and Bran like this.
  4. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

Shame it didn't go the other way and add $150K :(.

5. moyjos

moyjos Well-Known Member

my Dad took advantage of Bris City Council changing suburb boundaries back in the 70's
    He played golf with a town planner who knew it was happening.
    Dad bought a house in "Hendra" ( a less than desirable suburb in the 70's) and about 6 months later we got rezoned to Clayfield ( A very desirable suburb :) ) Values increased quite substantially.

wylie likes this.