Property Investing Advise

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Sohaib Awan, 9th Apr, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Sohaib Awan

Sohaib Awan New Member

Hey Guys!

I’m currently 23, recently graduated from university working full time, looking to potentially acquire my first property in the coming months. I’ve got a huge passion for property investing and like anyone else would love to see my dreams come to a reality.

I’ve got a investment strategy set out for myself, and am also consistently educating myself through whatever available platform I can find.

I’ve got a few suburbs I’m looking at for capital growth, the most current one atm is Melton, VIC- anyone have any opinions on this area in terms of capital growth in the coming years?

Also since I am young and haven’t had practical experience in the game as of yet, I would love to get the chance to talk to any successful property investors, share my strategy’s with them, and be mentored in a way. I’m not sure where I’d find such individuals hence thought I’d reach out on this page!

Much appreciated and really look forward to getting feedback from this group!

regards,

Sohaib Awan

2. Jess Peletier

Jess Peletier Mortgages, Finance & Property Strategy Aust Wide Business Member

Hey, and welcome to the forum!

It's great you're starting so early :)

How did you come to look at Melton?

3. Sohaib Awan

Sohaib Awan New Member

Hi Jess,

Thank you for your reply!

Did some research regarding potential area's in Melbourne where there's to be expected growth, infrastructure being built, and potential population growth in the area. I had a few listed, and through process of elimination Melton seemed like one of the suburbs I thought may be fitting to what I'm looking for. Also, did some research online, and came across a few articles which mentioned Melton may have strong growth potential.

4. Property Twins

Property Twins Mortgage Brokers & Buyers Agents Business Member

That's awesome. 23 is when we started also. Property Chat (formerly Somersoft) was a life and game changer for us

What's your investment strategy?

Have you considered purchasing your first home? Pros and cons for both approaches. Though understand in VIC you can still have FHB benefits even if you have invested prior. Check with the Office of State Revenue VIC though.

Your name seems familiar.