Property Insurance Plus

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by Waynenoo, 18th May, 2022.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Waynenoo

Waynenoo New Member

Up for renewal with TSI for both building and landlord policies and have seen a few people mention Property Insurance Plus. However their PDS they don't cover losses/damage by floods compared to TSI but have mentioned little regarding storm loss/damage which makes me rather hesitant.

Just wondering if anyone has experience in making a claim yet and what was it for?

2. Lil Skater

Lil Skater Well-Known Member

I’ve had a few, but cheating as I was a property manager and now oversee another agency. I’ve found them easy to deal with, but I don’t recall doing one for flooding.

3. Tom Rivera

Tom Rivera Property Manager Business Member

We're in the middle of a storm damage claim with them at the moment. Whilst they do cover the type of storm damage we claimed for (water ingress through roof), they declined the claim due to the condition of the roof. We genuinely weren't aware it was so bad and have disputed the decision. As far as types of flooding, I know they don't cover rising water, but off the top of my head I'm not sure if they cover overland flow flooding (e.g. lots of water rushing through the backyard and up into the back door).