NSW property in mount druitt area cannot lease out

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by possibility, 27th May, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. possibility

possibility Active Member

I have a property in Mount Druitt area, 3 bedroom house in clean and tidy condition. Previously rented for $330. As it is vacant for 6 weeks but cannot lease out, I have dropped the rent to $280/week. However it is still not securing a tenant yet. is there any experienced property manager can help me with securing a good tenant in this forum?

2. Lil Skater

Lil Skater Well-Known Member

I could only find one listing in the general Mount Druitt region for $280pw and 3 bedrooms.

First up, the ad is awful. Both the written portion and the photos, the photos have been taken and watermarked with agent A but it's marketed by agent B. Looks small and dark, there's power on, but all the photos except one have the shutters closed - why?

To me it doesn't present as clean and tidy.

What's it like outside after 6 weeks, are the gardens done?

The inspection times are awkward. Is there heating? Cooling? Are pets allowed? I also assume it's fronted onto the reserve, growing up in the area that's a bit of a turn off to me - but there's others that would suit, so that's probably irrelevant.

3. possibility

Thanks for the comment. Then you reckon the photo needs to be redone?

Michael Mitchell likes this.
  4. KateSydney

KateSydney Well-Known Member

They are the same photos that were used in 2016 when it was last rented out. Doesn't inspire one wirh confidence that they represent the current state of the property

5. Cate Bell

Cate Bell Well-Known Member

It looks really dark, too small and not inviting- my first thoughts are can I even put a bed in the rooms. I would spend a few dollars on it myself (especially painting), switch agents if you can (that add is dreadful, too lazy to take some proper photos) and allow pets on application. Supply and demand, and unfortunately your property doesn't stand out as desirable.

Lil Skater and Michael Mitchell like this.
  6. ChrisDim

ChrisDim Well-Known Member

As above, the ad looks REALLY depressing. In addition, the Sydney rental market is not the greatest atm. I am a PM in other parts of Sydney (Inner West, South West and St George) and can tell you that the last 4-6 weeks (from just before Easter) things are really slow.... both houses and apartments (even in areas where there was no issue previously).

A new set of photos would be a good start. Using the other agency's terrible old photos - without caring that the watermark is still visible, is just bad form and doesn't say much about them. I hope it rents quickly for you from here.

7. possibility

Thanks,Samantha,Kate, Cate and Chris.Yes, the market is very quite. Maybe I need to put more effort in it to attract tenant now.

8. Rich2011

Rich2011 Well-Known Member

I agree the photo's are very ordinary. Not much effort put in by the agent it appears.

Not sure I've seen this in any rental advertisement either! Think I'd be looking for a new agent.

Looking to buy in Shalvey?
    Looking to sell in Shalvey?
    Contact LJ Hooker Mount Druitt on 9677 1777

9. possibility

Thanks all for the comment. Finally it is leased. I think the low price has played its part.

10. ChrisDim

ChrisDim Well-Known Member

nice.... now you can rest. Since the election things have definitely turned around in Sydney!