Property in Bradbury NSW

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Pmj2020, 14th Jun, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Pmj2020

Pmj2020 New Member

Hi everyone,

I wanted to ask about your thoughts, experience and advice on buying a property to live in with family in Bradbury. Last posts about Bradbury were a few years ago and I'm wondering if anyone who lives there or in the Campbelltown area could give some information on the area. With the clean up in Airds happening I wanted to know if you think this was a good investment option which could also be a good family home.

We work in the city and Parramatta and are considering driving to park in Glenfield and taking the train from there. Properties are much larger and more affordable than other areas but wondering if it's safe for families and how the schools in the area are if anyone has lived there before?

I live in Hornsby and am not familiar with the area. Knowing these areas are quite different I wanted to know if there are areas in Bradbury that are better than others. Any streets we should avoid. Overall would you recommend buying a house here over a 2 bedroom apartment in Hornsby from an investment potential.

2. Trainee

Trainee Well-Known Member

Would you buy there if it was only for investment?

3. Pmj2020

Pmj2020 New Member

Hi @Trainee no it will have to be a family home.

4. Property Twins

Property Twins Mortgage Brokers & Buyers Agents Business Member

I think trainee is asking.. if you were not buying a family home, would you buy an investment in the area?

5. 22088

22088 Member

I’m not familiar with Bradbury but if you’re interested in the latest auction price trends, statistics of nearby sold properties, and demographics information in the area, I’d recommend to take a look at homeon.com.au. Hope it helps.

Pmj2020 and Lacrim like this.
  6. wilso8948

wilso8948 Well-Known Member

Such great insights. Where do I sign!

Someguy likes this.
  7. Lacrim

Lacrim Well-Known Member

Hope this won't be a subscription only site soon.

Pmj2020 likes this.
  8. Pmj2020

Pmj2020 New Member

Thank you this is great!!

9. 22088

22088 Member

No registration required! If you are interested in more data insights you can follow the twitter account.

10. 22088

22088 Member

It’s great to know you like it! If any additional data insights could be helpful to your property hunt, (or anyone who is looking for a new home,) let me know!

11. craigc

craigc Well-Known Member

Other states?

12. skater

skater Well-Known Member

Many, many years ago, I lived in Bradbury. It was a quiet area back then & had no issues. Later moved to Campbelltown & that was fine too, but preferred Bradbury.

Pmj2020 likes this.
  13. Pmj2020

Pmj2020 New Member

14. TroySeven

TroySeven Well-Known Member

I've moved from Toongabbie to Campbelltown over a year ago, situated close to the borders of Ruse/Leameah/Bradbury.

This area is amazing in comparison. I have access to many greenlands/parks and the Koala Smiths Creek reserve. Shopping is an ease, with Campbelltown Mall, Macarthur Square and many other shopping centres within 7 minutes drive; forgot to mention the Bradbury shops. Traffic is free-flowing with well designed streets. Access to highways is also simple, with Hume Hwy accessible both by Campbelltown Rd and Narellan Rd. Campbelltown Council has been rebuilding many public spaces, such as the new Billabong Parklands. The Kentlyn walking track is perfect to see platypus and picnic. The occasional police helicopter and siren you will see, yet I feel safe as I did in Toongabbie.

Without waffling on further, the stigma of Campbelltown is slowly washing away and the value of properties are certainly increasing in interest. Open homes are packed out here over the past 3 weekends.

Good luck

Pmj2020 likes this.
  15. craigc

craigc Well-Known Member

22028E88-F630-48AA-BB3D-C2D6EBA2EB70.jpeg All I can think of in this thread is ‘doing a Bradbury‘.

16. Loverenting

Loverenting Well-Known Member

We own an IP in Bradbury, love the area, many streets are well established and very family friendly. Would live there if didn't have to travel to North Sydney for daily work. A new water park currently under construction will add value to the suburb for sure.

PS. Our property has been rented out to the same family for almost 5 years now since we bought it in 2016. This says something..

Last edited: 6th Feb, 2021
    David_SYD likes this.