Property growth if it is situated behind an Aged care facility

Discussion in 'Investment Strategy' started by Gopikrishna, 1st Jul, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Gopikrishna

Gopikrishna New Member

Hi All,

I would like to understand the suggestions on the property growth for an investment property, if it is situated close to or Behind the aged care facility.

I understand that there are some pro's and cons with the properties located near to school. Similarly, are there any pro's and con's if located near the aged care facility.

2. Propertunity

Propertunity Well-Known Member

In general terms, all properties, in any given suburb, will grow in line with the median price of the suburb. What becomes different then, is particular properties in that suburb will suffer from things like - backing onto a train line (late night noise), facing a main road (traffic noise), being next to a high-rise (loss of privacy) and will therefore take much longer to sell (unless heavily discounted).

I don't think being near an Aged Care Facility is an issue (unless it is one of those in the news lately with residents suffering from Covid-19) ..... and even this will be forgotten in time.

Gopikrishna and Lindsay_W like this.
  3. Lindsay_W

Lindsay_W Well-Known Member

Any cons suggested would just be ageism IMO :D

datto and Propertunity like this.
  4. Gopikrishna

Gopikrishna New Member

Thank you for the information :)

5. Mark F

Mark F Well-Known Member

No late night parties to disturb your sleep.

datto likes this.
  6. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Significant impacts on parking - residents generally don't drive but off-street staff parking is limited.

Visitor numbers increase on weekends and holidays.

Ambulances don't use their sirens when approaching.

7. L_auren

L_auren Well-Known Member

There is a small sized aged care facility a few doors down from my place. The laundry area backs onto the lane way I walk past regularly. It always smells of laundry chemicals (they wash and use the dryer everyday). That smell would drive me nuts if I lived closer to it.
    A friend also lives directly next door and she says she hears all sorts of crazy sounds coming from there, regularly.

8. Propin

Propin Well-Known Member

My suburb is full of aged care facilities and very popular with families. I’m used to all the ambulances but first couple of years I would notice them around. A lot of downsizers stay in the same suburb and a lot of young peeps who grew up here return to the suburb so I think it’s a bonus overall. It’s an 80’s suburb so roads are wide but there is also plenty of parking for staff on the wide verges so parking isn’t an issue. I could imagine parking may be hard in some areas though!

9. datto

datto Well-Known Member

I suppose one negative would be if you walk around there barefoot you might get your toes stuck in a pair of dentures.

lol.

Propin likes this.
  10. Propin

Propin Well-Known Member

Yep, at least if you stand on a syringe you have a better idea what cooties you’ve caught, My friend Who lives behind me lives beside one and her only complaint is that they don’t trim the Bottlebrush hedge enough. But they are literally in every block here and no dramas. Plus in all the surrounding suburbs. 242A6FB1-002D-42C8-A28A-38FB63FFE3EF.png

datto likes this.