[Property Education] Where to start?

Discussion in 'Investment Strategy' started by Browneyed, 9th Mar, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Browneyed

Browneyed Active Member

Hey all,

So as the title suggests, I am fairly new and learning about property in whatever spare time I have during weekends and sometimes after work on weekdays :)

Coming from a family with background in property, although not based in Australia, I am naturally keen about property investment. As a kid, I grew up with a lot of family dinner time chatter around business and money and, yes property. I watched Dad successfully flip properties; buy, build and sell; invest and develop and so on. There were good times with some good celebrations :)

I am now just getting started when it comes to investments and building a portfolio and strategies and the whole lot.

My one-year goal is to start to gradually replace (or partly replace) income from my day job. Passive income would be ideal.

For that I need somewhere to start and pick up what different strategies are available.

As such, I have been trying to watch a lot of webinars and read books when it comes to investing. I am not ready to invest rightaway, however I can see myself doing this as soon as I have a grip via vigilant research and study.

I attended a free info night with DG Institute founder (was average). I ordered a book by Dymphna Boholt and been watching a few of her webinars. I have read bits and pieces from Mark Rolton. I also am reading The Barefoot Investor.

I would love some guidance as to what resources helped you, and how. I know there are many many more people who are out there educating others, and the above few listed may not even be the right ones. Some guidance on where to start, what is a good resource (aka legit) and why would be most appreciated :)

Look forward to hearing from y all! Thanks in advance :)

- B

2. Jess Peletier

Jess Peletier Mortgage Broker & Finance Strategy, Aus Wide! Business Member

Hey B - we have a free property investor kick-start that just began this morning. You can join below if you're interested.

Both Mark Rolton and Dymphna have their own strategies that they'll be trying to sell you into - our course is more about helping you develop your OWN plan and strategy, which is a bit unique in the market, I believe.

3. Browneyed

Browneyed Active Member

Thanks Jess! I will check it out now.

B

4. John_BridgeToBricks

John_BridgeToBricks Buyer's Agent Business Member

Michael Yardney's "Rules of Property".

Browneyed likes this.
  5. craigc

craigc Well-Known Member

Check out the property couch podcasts, particularly the first 20 episodes which covers a lot of good fundamentals.

Browneyed likes this.
  6. Browneyed

Browneyed Active Member

Thank you Craig!

craigc likes this.