Property Development - Research and Calculations

Discussion in 'Development' started by Mauri, 20th Apr, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Mauri

Mauri New Member

Hello All,

First time poster here and new to this. Hope to contribute to many more discussions as I plan to make this my full-time profession in the near future.

I found a few sites which tell me the steps of property development which was handy. Just need to know is the more detailed information in the research process before purchasing the property and developing.

Also hoping you can help me with the calculations. Is there a website or an excel template i can find online which calculates the cost of the development for example feasibility. Or something where I can input data and tells me its profitable investment and I should purchase.

Sorry for the long post. Like I said I'm new and I want to do this full time.

2. aceinfo

aceinfo Member

Mauri , I am interested in the same. Your suggestions on the websites would be appreciated

3. Ardi

Ardi Well-Known Member

Not sure if it is still on there, but @Be Developer had some calculators on their website for development purposes.

380 likes this.
  4. Mauri

Mauri New Member

5. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

Be Developer has a comprehensive feasibility calculator for all costs. Chirag is also an invaluable consultant who assists many to complete developments that have a planned profit. The costs v's benefits may help a first timer avoid errors. May be worth a call to discuss.

www.bedeveloper.com.au Then head to resources and feasibility calculator.
    Tip : A good local town planner can also make or break a site by designing it to maximise profit and compliance.

380 likes this.
  6. 380

380 Well-Known Member

+1

Bentleigh, Vic Townhouse Development

identical block to mine, only few doors way, manage to get approval for 4 townhouse of 2bed, 2bath. In contrast, We have 4, 4 bed, 2 bath on similar size of land.

end result would be lot different!

Mustafa Salehi likes this.
  7. Mauri

Mauri New Member

Thank you. Very helpful