Property Design Guidelines

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by Mark Bodger, 26th May, 2022.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Mark Bodger

Mark Bodger New Member

Hi everyone, I'm just about to buy a property that is being on sold prior to the land being settled by the developer. At this stage I do not take possession until the original vendor does when the block is titled. My question is as the block has Design Guidelines for the dwelling and landscaping, do those then pass onto me to abide by or do they stop at with the original purchaser and therefore do not apply? There is no time listed for the guidelines application listed or repercussions if not adhered to.

2. KateAshmor

KateAshmor Victorian Conveyancing Lawyer Business Member

What did your conveyancer/lawyer advise you when they reviewed the contract for you, before you signed it? Usually there are covenants/Section 173 agreements that set out binding design guidelines, which are registered on the title and run with the land through changes of ownership.

craigc likes this.

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia