Property Data ( sold price, sold date, ...)

Discussion in 'Property Information Resources & Tools' started by Eric Wu, 13th Feb, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Eric Wu

Eric Wu Well-Known Member

Where to find free property data ( sold price, sold date, …) and other resources

Proper Research is a critical part of property investing, past sale ( price, date, days on the market..) could give a good indication of where the particular you are interested is sitting at. ( now we are talking about past sale, NOT any predication). The past sale/sale history are facts (not predication), which are more reliable than predication ( which is subjective opinion to some extend). So here is the question: where to find these data? There are 2 categories of data sources we could use: free online sources, and paid database access. These paid database access are expensive ( Corelogic/previsouly RPdata, and Residex), can be up to several hundred dollars a month. ( now we subscribe to Residex, so have very comprehensive data to use. I am happy to help fellow investors who would like to check out some particular properties, just let me know)

When we started out, can’t afford the paid database access, we used and tested several free online sources and found them pretty good, here they are:

Australia Property Sold Prices, Auction Results, Property Sales Data, Melbourne, Sydney, Victoria, New South Wales, Canberra, Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth - OzHousePrice.Com

Onthehouse.com.au: Your Home for Property Research

Australia Home Sold Price, Property Sales Data, Victoria, New South Wales, Sydney, Canberra, Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth

Get Sold Price, Auction Results, Property Sales Data in Australia - GetSoldPrice.com.au

http://www.sqmresearch.com.au/

Tip: don’t just rely on one source, do your search with a few of them and compare them, then you could paint a clearer picture in mind.

(pls forgive me if the above information has been posted somewhere on PC)

Shady, Redwing, Perthguy and 3 others like this.
  2. neK

neK Well-Known Member

3. bread_boy

bread_boy Well-Known Member

4. HUGH72

HUGH72 Well-Known Member

Thanks Eric, I thought I knew all of the free sites but I wasn't aware of the Get sold price website.

Eric Wu likes this.
  5. Eric Wu

@HUGH72 , you are welcome. re the website, some are more useful than others to certain types of propeties. if it was not because of these free website, we could spent a fortune to get some data. The Residex report costs $30 a pop. :eek:

6. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

HUGH72, RetireRich101 and Eric Wu like this.
  7. Guest

Guest Guest

Eric Wu likes this.
  8. CK_Invest

CK_Invest Well-Known Member

I found ksou an awesome site with valuable data, though not sure on the legality of it ;)

Eric Wu likes this.
  9. Lacrim

Lacrim Well-Known Member

Very slightly off topic, I have access to pricefinder and its absolutely invaluable particularly if you're a lowballer like me - in terms of lowballing at the right price.

Having said that, it costs a mint to subscribe ($800+ per annum), and apparently that's a 'good deal'.

Eric Wu likes this.
  10. Eric Wu

we used to use Pricefinder via API subscription ( 3 months free), but with what happened to API, the subscription is no longer available.

Pricefinder is more or less a lighter version of Corelogic or Residex

11. Cactus

Cactus Well-Known Member

Eric Wu and Scott No Mates like this.
  12. RetireRich101

RetireRich101 Well-Known Member

do we have a Globe KML for Vic and WA?

13. Befuddled

Befuddled Well-Known Member

Eric Wu likes this.