Property Clock

Discussion in 'Property Information Resources & Tools' started by euro73, 12th Aug, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Anyone game enough to provide there thoughts on where the clock is for each State in Oz at the moment.

Perhaps with some certainty I would say there are no current booming markets in Australia... but I could be wrong?? :eek:

[​IMG]

GreyGoat likes this.
  2. gty12

gty12 Well-Known Member

States I would argue are far too broad a measure, if I said VIC is going well that doesn't mean you should think Mildura property is going to outperform Melbourne.

The property clock has merit in my view from a regional macro level-just like how they currently report it. I would argue what the property clock also does is note the ease at finding something in the area that will produce a good return.
    Just because a market plummets does not mean one cannot make a return, it is just a lot harder.

E.g. A market crashes-one could buy an office with a current lease in place that should see out the crash. So long as the company can pay their rent (i.e. is reputable) then you can still make as fine return.

And if people query me as to what types of companies can go well in recession:
    Mechanics-people are far less likely to buy a new car/secondhand car in recessions
    Discount grocers-both the stores themselves, their warehouses and the offices of the company
    Smaller Bunnings like stores-people trying to save on repairman bills by fixing themselves
    Accountants-cash tightens, they become more important
    etc.