Property chat election time!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Noobieboy, 14th Apr, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
?

I’m mock voting for:

Poll closed 21st Apr, 2019.
  1. Liberal/National

56 vote(s)
    61.5%
  2. Labor

21 vote(s)
    23.1%
  3. Green

6 vote(s)
    6.6%
  4. PHON

3 vote(s)
    3.3%
  5. SFF

2 vote(s)
    2.2%
  6. PUA

3 vote(s)
    3.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

2. LibGS

LibGS Well-Known Member

Dutton is very likely out. His margin at the moment is 1.6%. In Longman by-election in July 2018, which is next to Dickson, there was a swing away from the LNP of 3.7%. Booths closer to Dickson recorded stronger swings.

Esel likes this.
  3. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

No point in being wealthy if you can't drink the water or breath the air

Interesting division in the polls - those over 60 are voting for what happens in a 5-10 year timeline (wealth, taxes etc) - those under 40 are voting for what happens in a 40-50 year timeline (climate, renewables, health)

**Tried to link but have to be subscriber**

Last edited: 18th Apr, 2019
    Esel and TSK like this.
  4. qak

qak Well-Known Member

5. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Very true, otherwise people wouldn't invest if market sentiment was against you.

They're generally forced to follow the party line so you've missed the boat and should have been a party member & voted for one of the other candidates at the pre-selection.

You misunderstand a donkey vote - labelling the boxes in the order that they appear on the ballot paper. If the loony left have got the No. 1 position on the paper you've committed to them.

They represent the party, no independent thought. If they're bit aligned, they'll swing for whoever throws more crumbs at them.

What's changed?

I will have to complain to the producers, the show must have been edited to make it shorter. :mad:

kierank likes this.
  6. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Just how much wealth you get to keep is clearly affected by which government is in power. I am the first person to say it doesn't matter about external factors to build wealth But at the same time it's also common sense to vote for a government which deals you better cards than not. Its just common sense and logical decison making . Its actually crazy imo that there is a dilemma . The choice is super easy for me when it comes to which party is better for building wealth.

Last edited: 19th Apr, 2019
    samiam, Francesco and kierank like this.
  7. Rolf Latham

Rolf Latham Inciteful (sic) Staff Member Business Plus Member

The green light means go :)

ta
    rolf

8. euro73

euro73 Well-Known Member Business Member

The beautiful Hills District, Sydney Australia
    Or......others may say ...... Poor country - it has the worst guy in the job.

Perp and shorty like this.
  9. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Too many folks have internal conflicts which is the #1 killer of dreams and achieving major goals. anyway nothing new to you who mentors others.

10. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

We could be getting an independent so I might have someone to vote for. I'm still not sure who to put last. I have a shortlist of 4 for worst candidate.

11. Redwing

Redwing Well-Known Member

upload_2019-4-20_13-47-51.png

Sportsbet odds

12. Traveller99

Traveller99 Well-Known Member

The negative gearing funding situation doesn't appear to be getting much mileage from the usual journalists who rant and rave against the Liberal Party. In general, they're all pretty quiet when the ALPs biggest revenue raiser is now questionable. I would have thought that as the ALPs funding promises are now up in the air, these activists... err, journalists, would be attempting to present a non-partisan position so Australians could stay informed about this significantly important issue.

Francesco and kierank like this.
  13. Guest

Guest Guest

No Liberal Democrats in the list? :(

If the below image depicts your primary goal in life, then I agree the choice is super easy, but most people have a more balanced view of the world and our place in it.

[​IMG]

Perp and Lizzie like this.
  14. TSK

TSK Well-Known Member

Couple of friends in his electorate indicate he's unlikely to keep seat...centre/centre left voters though. He's never actually been any good in the cabinet positions he's sat in (made a mess of with immigration and quarantine imo...border force...was Morrison must have been responsible for that marketing winner)

15. TSK

TSK Well-Known Member

16. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

17. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

The political pressure was too great

18. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

You mean - as in - he wasn't going to pay it at all until the pressure was put on?

I do somewhat admire that Labor wouldn't do preferences with Clive until after the workers were paid (they are the union party after all) - but highly unimpressed that the LNP are so desperate to win that they hopped in bed without this being a consideration.

** highly disgruntled traditional LNP voter

Last edited: 29th Apr, 2019
  19. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

That's what I mean. Queensland Nickel collapsed in 2016. He had enough time to pay it back if he really wanted. He has been under political pressure.

Palmer contradicts himself over payments for Queensland Nickel workers

He says he's going to win government
    Federal Election 2019 live coverage: Newspoll gap narrows ahead of first leader's debate

Apparently, he owes 700M in tax from the collapse. And creditors were offered 10c in the dollar.

Having been the victim of somebody who declared bankruptcy to avoid paying large debts, I have zero sympathy.
    Or ex LNP voter?

Lizzie likes this.
  20. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

Ex this year ... decision reinforced after LNP took up with Pauline and Clive ... so maybe that makes me a swing voter now :eek:

geoffw likes this.

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.