property aspect - do you care???

Discussion in 'Development' started by Peta Notari, 21st Oct, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Sonamic

Sonamic Well-Known Member

My latest build is a No.4 also. :D I purposely bought the block as it has a north facing backyard. Alfresco and living areas to rear to make use of the light, space and privacy. Open front door and predominant SE breezes cool the house if AC And fans aren't enough.
    I have another couple that face East-West. Bedrooms on the Southside and entertaining to the north.
    As for the OP, if you are building it is much easier to orientate rooms during design to make the most of your aspect to achieve the energy rating required. If buying existing for a PPOR, as @wylie suggested you modify to suit. For an IP, if the price is right and the numbers work being concerned about orientation plays second fiddle for me.

larrylarry likes this.
  2. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

East is also good. Probably North is most favoured then East, as the morning sun is not too intense.
    South is to be avoided particularly for units in the cooler states, because its generally not nice being in a room or property that is always dark and cold.

West facing is to be avoided in hotter climates due to intense afternoon and evening sun. Which is where good house design comes in.

3. Investing101

Investing101 Well-Known Member

My 3 most important things in property:
    location, location, aspect.

you will get renters in but they wont stay as long.

Heinz57 likes this.

Price Accounting are a leading tax service for your property + tax issues. Contact Paul@PFI for property focussed tax services using our client portal access, digital signing and checklist based approach for best pricing. Free client pack included.