Properties with a Twist

Discussion in 'What to buy' started by Fitzy1903, 3rd Apr, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Fitzy1903

Fitzy1903 Well-Known Member

Hey guys,

Over the past few months, I've heard people talk about buying a property with a twist, or x-factor etc., whether that's a cul-de-sac position, large development block or whatever it may be.

So from your guys experience, whether its a property that you own or have inspected, what has been that special feature?

Cheers,
    Fitz

2. Adele

Adele Well-Known Member

Small retail property with development (apartments on top) potential. With rear and side access for cars. Rear has been bought (separately titled) so we have closed off access. Current tenants are using it as courtyard dining for customers.
    It is one of those old buildings with what I am guessing is Ivy ( I'm not good with plants so I might be wrong ) growing on the side facade of building. Very nice for courtyard dining. I think we fell in love with the building because of the courtyard.

Fitzy1903 likes this.
  3. Andrew H

Andrew H Well-Known Member

Finding houses that can be split into 2 leases, adding extra bedrooms with walls, storage rooms turned into bedrooms.

Fitzy1903 and Adele like this.
  4. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Non-descript (ok elevated federation semi in Milsons Point). Shocking parking on street, 20 stairs to get to front door, noisy etc.

Went to leave the client after a meeting, only to be greeted with one of the best views of Sydney Harbour and the city (sure we were right under the Harbour Bridge).

Fitzy1903 likes this.