VIC Properties in Hobson Bay area

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Melly3000, 27th May, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Melly3000

Melly3000 New Member

Hi everyone,

I've been roaming through this forum for quite a while and found heaps of very useful insights already so wanted to say thanks for to all the posters first before tapping into some of that knowledge directly myself.

We are looking into buying a normal sized property (around 3 bed, house or townhouse) here in Melbourne and would like to not overly stress our budget (700-750k).

The Hobson Bay area has caught our interest because it is not too far from the city and also still close to the bay. However, as buying a property is a huge step for us (FHB) I would like to get an experts opinion of the area and its potential first.

We were looking at these different areas within the council:
    1. Altona (maybe already priced out)
    2. Altona North
    3. Newport
    4. Altona Meadows
    5. Seabrook

Which of these would be the best choice (please say why) to somewhat ensure a decent capital growth as well as potentially turning it into a rental later on?

Many thanks in advance!

2. Westie

Westie Well-Known Member

Out of all those, I'd go with Newport or Seabrook. Both have good primary schools, train station, closer proximity to the water. Being this close to the city is going to bring its challenges with traffic. Traffic is slower than a crawl on Pt Cook Rd, Millers Rd etc in morning and evening peak hours.

Newport should have better CG being closer to the city and Williamstown. Seabrook shouldn't be far off either. The better thing about Seabrook (for you) is you can get a house for your budget. It won't be a new house though. If you're after new and shiny, a TH in Newport should do. I'd take a look at one of the new dev along Kororoit Ck Rd. Don't go for an apartment though. You should be able to bag a newish TH for your budget.

William7 likes this.