Project Loganlea

Discussion in 'Styling & Decorating' started by Greyghost, 23rd Jun, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Greyghost

Greyghost Well-Known Member

I'm sure majority of qld highset properties with dual living have that issue.

2. Marg4000

Marg4000 Well-Known Member

And for that reason most use carpet upstairs, at least in living areas and hallways. If rented separately, your downstairs tenants are legally entitled to "quiet enjoyment" under law...
    Marg

S.T likes this.
  3. Greyghost

If done properly, soundproofing can be done downstairs ceiling, depending on how "legal" the height is..

In addition, many of the Logan area highset dial living properties are extended families on 2 leases.

4. Chris White

Chris White Well-Known Member

Probably due to fire rating and insurance issues. Maybe less risky if leased to one family? - not sure if the two leases would then compromise the insurance though - i.e if an upstairs fire caused a death to downstairs tenants?

5. YoungBull

YoungBull Well-Known Member

Well done @Greyghost Ive come across this post and my highset bathroom nearby needs repair. Looking to see how much the basic reno cost versus my quote i have had to repair for $1500. Do you have a estimated costs and who you used and best way to go about it. Cheers, YB

6. Greyghost

Hey mate, sorry for the late reply.
    What exactly is going to be done for $1,500?
    Except for electrical and foundation levelling work, everything on this property was DIY.
    More than happy to give you pointers or tips on what was done in this bathroom to help you get yours done in a cost effective manner.

Cheers
    GG

7. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

Looking fantastic GG ... and people whinge that housing is unaffordable!

Yes, there was a bit of work required, but looks like nothing more strenuous than a cosmetic do over. Nothing a bit of sweat and planning and a few months of inconvenience can't cope with. Well done!

8. YoungBull

YoungBull Well-Known Member

Hi @Greyghost Sorry I have only noticed your reply now. Yes, the $1,500 quote was just for replacing the villaboard on the shower walls and the broken tiles in the shower around the tapwear. I originally thought just the repair and then having the tiles resprayed white would make it cost effective perhaps but after getting the $1500 quote for what seems repairs how much extra I would need to spend to make a cosmetic difference to the bathroom. Take into consideration I would be limited budget wise and major works would be expensive due to more that likely asbestos being present. Would love to know your thoughts on how to tackle this interstate.

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia