Process of Sub-Letting a room, help! (Western Australia)

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by PerthStudent, 28th Jan, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. PerthStudent

    PerthStudent New Member

    28th Jan, 2016
    Hi all, I'm in a situation where I'm a tenant in a house where the landlord lives (the landlord owns the house).

    I am looking to sub-let my room for the remaining duration of the agreement but I'm not sure the process assuming I've found someone who wants to move in. Is as simple as the sub-tenant signs a 1AA agreement (assuming the lessor gives me permission) and I take bond / provide them with information sheet?

    I understand that I'm still liable for my agreement with the lessor if I end up sub-letting.

    Thanks for any advice in advance!

    --------------------The specifics of my agreement--------------------

    In the tenancy agreement we filled out (1AA) we left the sub-letting section blank which then reverts to option c:

    "The tenant may assign the tenant's interest under this agreement or sub-let the premises only with the written consent of the lessor"

    According the residential tenancies act of 1987, in this situation – The lessor shall not unreasonably without such consent; and the lessor shall not make any charge for giving such consent other than the lessor's reasonable expenses incidental thereto.