Problems with Airtasker

Discussion in 'Repairs & Maintenance' started by Liarliar, 27th Apr, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Liarliar

Liarliar Well-Known Member

anyone else have problems with the app Airtasker or is it just me.?

I had some good tradesmen/handyman at first but now getting handyman bidding on my jobs and either not turning up or turning up days later !!

2. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

Airtasker can be bottom feeders. Reputable tradies get priced out.

3. 158

158 Well-Known Member

No German backpackers available?

pinkboy

beertank23 likes this.
  4. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

Did you check the ratings of the people accepting the work? And had a bit of a conversation confirming time etc before accepting them?
    Ps. Never pay them until you are happy with the work. A relo learnt the hard way.

legallyblonde likes this.
  5. LouiseJ

LouiseJ Well-Known Member

Very much mixed results. I've had some absolute legends on there, one guy building up his gardening business did the most inhuman amount of work clearing out a weed infested pathway down the side of my house. We found sandstone stairs and a paved area we didn't know existed. For him he was happy to do the work cheaply to get impressive before and after photos for his new website and it was his first airtasker job so he had no reviews. Also an amazing lady who came and helped with interior design ideas and paint colours for my house very cheaply.

But yes some other jobs just non-stop cancellations, I'm sure they book something in then wait and see if they can get a higher paying job at the same time slot. I'm hoping the new 'completion rate' that shows up next to ratings will weed some of that activity out. I avoid anyone without a really high completion rate and excellent ratings although I suspect some of the ones with the low completion rate just offer to do it for cash to avoid the airtasker fee and get the job cancelled.

I think it saved me when I got my removalists as I was about to hire the cheapest firm but was put off by their low completion rate, I then got them to take some furniture I sold on gumtree to the buyer the night before my move and they cancelled on the day of the job, thank god it wasn't my entire house move.

6. Depreciator

Depreciator Well-Known Member

I only use Airtasker for non tradesman stuff. On the odd occasion I need a tradie, I use serviceseeking.com

giraffez likes this.
  7. beertank23

beertank23 Well-Known Member

If you're getting an electrician from airtasker, expect trouble, I've never heard any good reports.