Problem with Tebter PM in Bendigo

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by mami, 11th Dec, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. mami

mami Active Member

Our previous tenant claimed for compensation via VACT to us, landlord. As soon as I got the claim, I contacted with the previous tenant and she mentioned how property was not managed by Tebter and PM just ignored her request again & again. And she mentioned that she doesn’t mean to claim to us just wanted to claim to Tebter. We also had a lots of frustrations with PM.
    The entry report we got when she got in around June 2017, nothing issues were reported by PM. But previous tenant showed me the entry report with her comment last week which mentioned a missing door, shower leaking, skirting is rotten due to the shower leak etc. the report’s date was 21st May 2017. However PM reported me the shower leaking issue on 3rd July 2017 and 7th Aug for the missing door. When she got in, already the door was missing, however PM didn’t claim the maintenance from previous tenant’s bond, she asked us to pay. (After discussion, finally Tebter paid though.)

The shower leaking was fixed again and again by the builder ( this was construction issue. I didn’t know why this was not reported in annual inspection reports. Our property is 3 years old. I bought this property Jan 2017 and the shower leaking was reported on 3rd July 2017. So I didn’t know that it has such issue. Since the shower leaking issue was not fixed for 1 month (it looks like the builder can’t find the root cause. So they fixed and leaked again multiple times.) We’ve asked property manager to visit our property, but she never visited and asked our tenant to take photos.
    And PM mentioned that the builder always cleaned after the repair. But now tenant said the the builder always made mess and she needed to clean up.
    The builder got into her property without notification to tenant. She thought the builder might have a key, as PM said they didn’t pass the key to builder at that time.
    She asked PM to change the key, but PM didn’t pass tenant’s request to me and just refused.
    Then tenant left without paying 4 weeks rents. We used her bond to cover the rents. As I didn’t know that PM treated her so badly.
    Now I really can’t trust PM. They don’t visit our property, inspection report doesn’t mention big issues( shower leaking, missing door.), PM treats our tenant badly.
    What can I do to PM? If possible, I would like to get letting fee back and PM to pay tenant for compensation(=bond.)

2. Bendigus

Bendigus Well-Known Member

Can't help you with your exact problem. But I can say that I use Elders for pm in Bendigo. Breanna from Elders has been great so far.

mami likes this.
  3. mami

mami Active Member

Thank you. Our properties are NRAS. Does Elders take care of NRAS?

4. Sharyn C

Sharyn C Active Member

mami likes this.
  5. mami

mami Active Member