Private Landlord wanting to do Registration on Property Management

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by ShaSha28, 29th Sep, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. ShaSha28

ShaSha28 New Member

Hi guys.. We have some rental properties that we manage on our own. I have recently been doing self-study to manage the properties more effectively and to minimise our losses when tenants do not pay their rent on time.

I am thinking of doing a course: Registration on Property Management. Has anybody else (private landlords) done the same? Can I do this course to help with my credentials when I am introducing myself to new tenants etc?

2. Tom Rivera

Tom Rivera Property Manager Business Member

Welcome!

The registration courses are really very basic and focus almost entirely on the simple paperwork- which I imagine you already know. I don't think the credential itself would really make any difference, but it does open the door if you want to operate/present as an agent, though in that case you'd have to do your full license- which consequently also offers a more comprehensive education?

Dean Collins likes this.
  3. ShaSha28

ShaSha28 New Member

Thank you!

My partner has also other rental properties that he has now asked me to manage as well (i'm not being paid etc) as he is very bad in managing and always end up having a big loss on rent at the end of every tenancy period. Not sure how should I represent myself to his tenants? I still always get him to sign the notices etc but now all correspondence to/from his tenants would go direct to me. I'm not sure if I am allowed to introduce myself as a property manager when I actually do not hold a license despite not getting remunerated etc?