Privacy Disclosure Statement

Discussion in 'Loans & Mortgage Brokers' started by PPScout, 9th Nov, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
?

Is this a normal privacy disclosure statement?

1. Yes - it's common as

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No - run away!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. PPScout

PPScout Member

Hi guys,

New to this forum and got question for the mortgage brokers in the forum.

I've recently seek broker service and they forward me their aggregator's privacy disclosure statement below.

I'm particularly concerned about highlighted region and wonder if this is a normal wording for all aggregator.

Haven't signed it yet and any thoughts will be appreciated.
    Thank you.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I/We consent to you using personal, financial and credit information about me/us for the purpose of arranging or providing credit, insuring credit, and for direct marketing of products and services offered by you or any organisation you are affiliated with or represent each of which may contact me/us for such a purpose including by telephone and electronically. In this document “you” means each of Australian Finance Group Ltd (AFG),each subsidiary of AFG, the Appointed Credit Service Provider and their organisation.

The personal information provided by me/us will be held by you. I/We can obtain a copy of AFG’s Privacy Policy at www.afgonline.com. au. Your privacy policy contains information about how I may access or seek correction of my personal information, how you manage that information and your complaints process. If I/we do not provide the requested personal information you may be unable to assist in arranging finance or providing other services.
    You may disclose personal information about me/us to the following types of entities, some of which may be located overseas (including in USA, Canada, Malaysia, India, Ireland, the United Kingdom and the Philippines):
    • persons who provide credit or other products or services to us, or to whom an application has been made for those products or services;
    • financial consultants, accountants, lawyers and advisers;
    • any industry body, tribunal, court or otherwise in connection with any complaint;
    • any person where you are required by law to do so;
    • any of your associates, related entities or contractors (including printing/publication/mailing houses, IT service providers, cloud storage providers, lawyers/accountants);
    • our referees, such as our employers, to verify information we have provided;
    • any person considering acquiring an interest in your business or assets;
    • any organisation providing online verification of our identities.

2. Rolf Latham

Rolf Latham Inciteful (sic) Staff Member Business Plus Member

Welcome to the modern world

pretty standard really.

very very few organisations wouldnt be using some form of marketing or outsourcing offshore

ta

rolf

John_S likes this.
  3. Simon Moore

Simon Moore Residential & Commercial Mortgage Broker Business Member

Level 2 287 Collins St Melbourne VIC 3000
    You need the second disclaimer just to use dropbox....

4. PPScout

PPScout Member

Thanks for the reply, I guess fair enough there would be some outsourcing now a days.
    Was a bit of a shock initially thinking straight away possible ID thief from oversea...