Price adjustment after the contract signed

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by PropertyInsight, 12th Oct, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. PropertyInsight

PropertyInsight Well-Known Member

After the contract signed for an IP in Brisbane, I successfully negotiated price reduction due to the property problems findings. Can the price is adjusted on the settlement date without the contract changes or must be adjusted on the contract?

2. Toby

Toby Well-Known Member

Yes it can be, this recently happened for me. We negotiated the adjustments due to B&P and the solicitors settled the adjustments, contract price remained the same.

Big Will likes this.
  3. Big Will

Big Will Well-Known Member

You can redraw contracts again but it is easier and in my eyes better to just leave it and have the adjustment at settlement.

For example you can use the funds to 'fix' your problems through borrowed money rather than using your own funds.

If you go with the adjustment the excess/money left over (solicitors will take their fees) will be transferred to your nominated account. Other adjustments will be things like water/council rates etc.

4. PropertyInsight

Talked to my lender and was advised that loan approval is based on original contract. So, I do not need to process loan application with price change again. All good!

5. Big Will

Big Will Well-Known Member

I wouldn't of talked to them but if you did change the contracts then you would need to provide them with the new contract.

PropertyInsight likes this.
  6. PropertyInsight

Thanks Will.

We provide our clients with the opportunity to select their own investments from a wide range of ASX listed securities. We provide the research to ensure your selections will achieve the goals. This is the value of advice.