NSW Previous fire and water damage

Discussion in 'Property Analysis' started by ric.r, 3rd Jun, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. ric.r

ric.r Member

Hi all,

I'm looking into purchasing a PPR and we like the below house. it is in the older part of Harrington park and it has had major renovations due to previous fire and water damage

Just wondering if anyone can help out with a suburb or property report or if someone from the area knows the house?

Pros - Renovated and decent sized block (which we kinda need coming off 6 acres.)

Cons - I have heard its been on the market for a while,
    previous fire and water damage
    first house off the main rd - Possible traffic issues which i would have to go and see for myself

2 William Campbell Avenue, Harrington Park, NSW 2567

and maybe if i can get some expert opinions?

Thanks

2. Cate Bell

Cate Bell Well-Known Member

I don't know the area well. This property has been for sale since February. Sold for $650K in 2014. There could be a lot of hidden issues with fire and flood damage that might not come up in a building inspection. I had a property that flooded due to a pipe that burst, the tenant was out at the time. Tens of thousands of litres of water went through the house, house was fixed by insurance, thought everything was good, then a year later we discovered mould, some fittings had to be removed from the bathroom to treat the mould problem . Is there a warranty on the repairs for this house? Is this warranty transferrable? When was the damage? I would look at recent sales in the area, it seems the listed price is at the top end of the area. This may be a recent comparable sale 42 Alexandra Crescent, Harrington Park, NSW 2567