Prefab studio for holiday let, Sydney

Discussion in 'Development' started by Poppy, 7th Mar, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Poppy

Poppy Well-Known Member

Can anyone recommend a company or give advice on craning in a prefab cabin for holiday letting in Sydney's Northern beaches? Looked into archibloc but it's a bit pricey, and VIC based.

We have just moved into our dream home, on a nice big 1000m2 flat block of land, 50m from the beach. As per my plan it's now time to drop in 1-2 small holiday studios, probably by a NSW company and fairly high spec. The front and side of the block have 2 large areas we will never use, both about 5 x 10m. Can have own entrances.

Not sure how council will treat 2 separate "cabins" rather than one granny flat.

(Ideally I will be able to relocate them when we do a rebuild in about 10-15 yr - if we get around to it! - I'd also love to bypass the building process.)

Thanks!!

2. Propertunity

Propertunity Well-Known Member

Probably won't get approved in a resi zoning. Granny flat is a secondary dwelling but there are no options I'm aware of for a 3rd.

Jacque likes this.
  3. thatbum

thatbum Well-Known Member

Seems like a bit of a planning compliance nightmare with GFs and holiday rental regulations. Have you looked into that side of things first?

4. Poppy

Poppy Well-Known Member

so, probably just one granny flat. No worries RE holiday letting as the council is very lenient. Many families like us make their money from air bnb.

Just looking for prefab supplier if anyone has experience...

5. bmc

bmc Well-Known Member

what is your concern using a Vic based building company.
    I've been involved with a few Archibloc projects on the northern beaches, they appear to be a good product.
    the subbies are generally locals
    awaba 026.JPG

Tufan Chakir likes this.