Pre-Settlement Inspection

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by Gonx, 8th Jun, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Gonx

Gonx Well-Known Member

what is the deal with a buyer wanting to inspect the place a few days before settlement in NSW? Is this normal, I thought the inspection was usually done on settlement but they are asking for earlier inspection, am I obliged to agree as this will interfere with my moving and cleaning schedule?

2. Jamie Moore

Jamie Moore MORTGAGE BROKER - AUSTRALIA WIDE Business Member

Hey Gonx

What does your solicitor have to say?

Personally - I've only ever inspected on the day of settlement.

A few days out could mean the condition could possibly change between the final inspection and settlement day so I'm not sure why the buyer would be keen on it - unless they're unavailable on settlement day.

Cheers

Jamie

Gonx likes this.
  3. Gonx

Gonx Well-Known Member

I think it was because they were not going be local on settlement day. I told the agent that it was not going to happen unless they wanted to show them through an uncleaned property with stuff everywhere in between moving and cleaning.

4. diagnostic

diagnostic Well-Known Member

I think people like to be sure that what they thought they were purchasing is still there... obviously if there is something amiss then they would try to delay settlement until it's fixed but talk to your solicitor I'd say...

PFI can assist you with your investment strategies for your SMSF, Life Cover for your members and assistance with compliance. We provide the research to ensure your investment selections achieve the goals. This is the value of advice