Pre-settlement inspection - Queensland

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by Sheldrick, 2nd Jun, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Sheldrick

Sheldrick Well-Known Member

Hi all

I have signed a contract for the purchase of a house and it settles on Monday (Queensland).

I've had a good relationship with the selling agent and has found the agent to be very responsive. Usually responds to my texts within a few minutes.

On Thursday, I asked the agent about a few unimportant matters. No response.

On Friday noon, I asked the agent to arrange for a pre-settlement inspection on Sunday afternoon. No response.

Today, I call the agent. No response. I send the agent an email.

I acknowledge I ought to have arranged the pre-settlement inspection much earlier. I assumed that organising would be pretty easy based on my previous interactions with the agent. During the course of the sale, I've spoken to the agent on weekdays and on Saturdays/Sundays. However, I would still like to arrange one for peace of mind.

Is there much I can do?

Cheers

2. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

Find out where he is today and go and see him? If he isn't responding, I'd be a little concerned. Perhaps he doesn't want you to see the house now it is empty?

3. Sheldrick

The house has been vacant all this time. It's an old house. I'm not the type that will be picky and ask for any changes to the price... It was subject to building and pest and I said it was acceptable (knowing that it's an old house).

I'm a bit concerned now because I'm wondering what they are hiding?

4. Sheldrick

All good. Just found out the agent's overseas lol.

wylie likes this.