QLD Pre or Post War home Banyo

Discussion in 'Property Analysis' started by Trev13, 31st Oct, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Trev13

Trev13 Member

Hi Guys

I am new to this forum and was hoping for some general advice.

I am looking to purchase a PPOR in Banyo between 600-700k. The two options I have narrowed down are similar in land size (810-860 sqm). One is built in 1940 and the other is post 1946. Both are fairly small Queenslanders and similar level of internal condition.

My main concern is what future restrictions or challenges would I face if I go for the pre-war home as opposed to the post war which could easily be knocked down and start from scratch.

Future plans will include doing a renovation which would involve raising both houses.

Thanks!

2. Lawrence Barnes

Lawrence Barnes Well-Known Member

Probably best to check with the council in regards to heritage for the pre-war one. No issues on the post war you can do what you like. I own a post war and renovated this no issues and it came up great.

3. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

You can maybe narrow it down a bit more,with both those blocks are they both on a single title ,or are already split on the title ,and where do the houses sit on the blocks ,and the present zoning..Just asking those three questions .could save you a lot of money.imho..

4. Trev13

Trev13 Member

Thanks for the responses so far.

Pre war home:
    - split on the title
    - sits on the center of the lot (not sure if it will fit on a 405sqm if moved)
    - is zoned CR1 - Not heritage listed but it is Character Residential zone

Post war home
    - single title
    - center of the lot but looks like it can fit on a sub-divided lot
    - Zoned LDR