Pre marital sex

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by TMNT, 27th Apr, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. hash_investor

hash_investor Well-Known Member

Aah man ... happened to me. How disgusting when they allocate you a seat themselves and then come running towards you when they see a child sitting next to you.

2. Bayview

Bayview Well-Known Member

Terribly unfortunate that she should have that reaction.

But I have no doubt that you would do the exact same again if you saw a lost child wandering around - we all would.

Unfortunately; the airlines have a duty of care, and unfortunately there are men who do molest kids - totally normal looking men a lot of the time, so the airline will always take that course of action.

I have a 4 year old daughter and a 7 year old son now, and my radar is permanently up - even with men we know. Sad, but that's how things have become....

My BIL was molested by a family friend when he was about 8.

ellejay likes this.
  3. inertia

inertia Well-Known Member

The fear/panic/guilt also sets in and people go off the rails looking to blame someone. Its even possible that once the venting was finished they would be emotionally stable and apologize - who knows?

"stranger danger" is a crock and has done more harm for kids safety than benefit - people become helicopter parents and dont allow their kids to interact with Joe Public, and by doing that they have no guage of what "normal" is, so don't pick up on the minority weird ones that you DO need to be concerned about.

Besides, the SEVERE majority of abuse is perpetrated by someone you know and trust. Case and point:

I say all this as a parent of 3 young kids, and someone who spent 4 years as a stay at home dad, frequently hanging out in playgrounds, often looking slightly disheveled from lack of sleep. One of the most validating experiences I have had is when one of my kids said "I want to go to the toilet", and their friend (3yo girl) said "me too" - I looked at her mum as she said "mind if she goes with you?" I felt an overwhelming sense of both being trusted, and responsibility, when what I should have felt was "this is normal".

cheers,
    Inertia.

4. Bounce

Bounce Well-Known Member

I think you have the perfect arrangement. I totally agree on not spending all your time together.

5. Davothegreat

Davothegreat Well-Known Member

We provide our clients with the opportunity to select their own investments from a wide range of ASX listed securities. We provide the research to ensure your selections will achieve the goals. This is the value of advice.