Pre existing granny flat in Logan

Discussion in 'Granny Flats' started by Funny Business, 8th Oct, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Funny Business

Funny Business New Member

I'm looking at purchasing a property in Logan with a pre exisiting granny flat (built prior to new planning scheme) it complies with all the requirements of an auxiliary unit under the new scheme, except it is a dual access property, so therefore has a seperate driveway to the main house. (Street at the front and the back, granny flat accessed from the back)

What would I need to do to be able to rent this out legally as an auxiliary unit? Would I need to have it reassessed (as code assessable) by the council and pay any applicable charges?

2. Jamie Moore

Jamie Moore MORTGAGE BROKER - AUSTRALIA WIDE Business Member

You'd need to get advice from council and/or a solicitor - Darryl who's frequent on this forum would be a great start - Lawyers - RPI - Certus Legal Group

Cheers

Jamie

3. Luke T

Luke T Well-Known Member

Dont know what your paying but it sounds like it will be a good little cashflower mate well done !
    I would first talk to LCC then a good private certifier as they can get things through alot easier than the council often

Price Accounting provide investor + developer tax services world and Australia wide for your property and all tax issues. Contact Paul@PFI below for our new client pack and quoted pricing + client portal access. Trusts, Co and SMSF are our specialty.