Pre-application form required prior to inspecting rental

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by bob shovel, 5th Aug, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

Gday all,

Quick one (I think :))

Has anyone come across PM's requiring prospective tenants to complete a "pre-application" form before you can even view a property?

We are looking at a rental in the next town away and we found a place on re.com.au sent them an email and also called. They told us we are required to complete a form prior to even looking at the place. Is this done else where and for what reasons?

All I can think of is
    1.they are possibly short staffed, don't like to leave the office??
    2.it is a very close knit community and they are pre screening to keep the riffraff out, that way it's easier than turning them away in person (the next town over is dodgey, Perth people might work it out given my location ;) )

2. HD_ACE

HD_ACE Game-Changer

Saves time for them I guess. Probably had too many time wasters that would never be accepted.
    There was a company in perth that used to request drivers licence etc but that was to curb theft and staking out the homes to come back later for a pick pocket.

3. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

Update.... So it's been a week since we submitted the app. Their reasoning is thatpeople may visit the house then movein without permission. "it hasn't happened, but we've heard it has elsewhere"

Good to know the owners have missed out on at least1 weeks rent