PPoR Project: Syd Townhouse make-over - advice needed

Discussion in 'Renovation & Home Improvement' started by Harry Marcus, 16th Oct, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Harry Marcus

Harry Marcus Member

24th Feb, 2016
    Sydney, NSW
    Hi All,

Long time observer, rare contributor :)

I was hoping to get some valuable advice from you lovely PropertyChat gurus.

In short, my wife and I are about to potentially embark on a full renovation of a 2 Bdr + 2.5 Bth townhouse in Sydney. The property requires extensive work, including new kitchen, bathrooms, potential removal of a dividing kitchen wall, in-built wardrobes / paint / floor... etc.

I've previously micro managed such a project on an IP a couple of years ago when I had the luxury of some more time, although unfortunately my wife and I now work 60+ hours per week so need to be intelligent about this project.

I'm estimating a budget of around 60-70k and was wondering if anyone has embarked on such a project whilst having very little time - has anyone used a project manager to manage such a renovation (do they exist?) or are we likely to pay far too much in terms of hidden margins / management costs, etc............

If anyone can throw a bit of advice this way and/or any recommendations that'd be mostly appreciated.

Kind regards,