VIC PPOR location - Melbourne Inner North/West

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by LVRG, 15th Nov, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
?

Best suburb FOR INVESTMENT SINGLE FRONTED TERRACE.

1. Kensington

4 vote(s)
    26.7%
  2. Brunswick West

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  3. Yarraville

6 vote(s)
    40.0%
  4. Flemington

4 vote(s)
    26.7%
  1. LVRG

LVRG Active Member

Hi all,

I’m looking for a PPOR and have decided it’s likely a single fronted terrace with a courtyard. I don’t want to be any closer in than the Parkville side of Brunswick West. I like it a bit quite but assuming all areas are equal for my liveability, what is your opinion of best suburb for investment out of the suburbs in the poll? I’m finding Kensington is definitely the most expensive but it’s probably also my favourite. It’s become a really cool village. Thanks in advance!

2. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

Any of those except Flemington.

The Y-man

craigc likes this.
  3. Robbo80

Robbo80 Well-Known Member

Since you like kens I will provide some potential cons to add to your consideration -

1. the food options there are quite average compared to racecourse road, or Yarraville village
    2. Large projects in close proximity
    3. packed peak hour trains at kens station - you literally cant get on. Also most trains skip south kens station leaving you with no plan B.
    4. The kens banks area used to be an old abbatoir. Quite creepy at night in some parts.
    5. Brownfields development potential at the old nearby railyards increasing supply and congestion.

:)

TheMissingLink likes this.
  4. TheMissingLink

TheMissingLink Member

Kensington and Flemington are getting expensive now. I rate those two suburbs (obviously away from the commission flats) over Yarraville (I moved from Kingsville to Ascot Vale) and Brunswick West.

5. Rodgers Dodgers

Rodgers Dodgers New Member

Curious why you rate Kens/Flem over Yarraville? I can't decide between these 2 general areas myself, I am interested in hearing other peoples thoughts about the areas.

MikeyBallarat likes this.