PPOR live in reno - share your tips

Discussion in 'Renovation & Home Improvement' started by bob shovel, 14th Oct, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

Hi enlightened ones

Who has undertaken a reno whilst living in the house? Any hot tips or advice. ....horror stories?? And would you do it again?

We completed one a few years ago and have now outgrown the house. We have been looking for bigger home as we didn't want to do an extension or more work. Now we have been looking for"finished" houses for a few months. ...but a reno one has come up!:eek: what to do!??:D

2. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

We've lived through three major PPOR renovations. We couldn't afford not to live through them, but last time, I swore I'd never do it again, especially as every room and wall had some sort of change and I was home with three little kids (two in school though).

Youngest watched The Lion King twice a day for nearly a year.

bob shovel and dmb1978 like this.
  3. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

Haha we said we wouldn't do it again too ..... but to good to pass up, plus it is fun! :confused: we'll see how it plays out

4. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Sanest bit of advice - rent nearby. Plenty of short term rentals available but are not on the market at the purchaser is keeping the place vacant until they rebuild. Chat to some local agents who have sold sites where they're aware of the purchaser's intentions.