PPOR Kitchens

Discussion in 'Renovation & Home Improvement' started by Jess Peletier, 29th May, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. tomlemke

tomlemke Well-Known Member

This was my last Ppor kitchen.

IMG_2866.PNG

This is a mates kitchen, intergrated fridges either side.

IMG_2868.PNG

Jacque, Sackie, wylie and 1 other person like this.
  2. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

BTW for those looking at larger sinks there are some very reasonable accessories at Ikea which are often sized to be used on other sinks.

Accessories like colanders, chopping boards, washing bowls (for small washups) etc etc

Sink accessories - METOD Kitchen taps & sinks - IKEA

Sackie likes this.
  3. jins13

jins13 Well-Known Member

I love your kitchen! Can I ask what the black material is in your mate's kitchen?

4. tomlemke

That's just 2pac matte I'm pretty sure, I couldn't live with the finger prints on it. Their is another material that doesn't leave marks but it's really expensive.

5. tomlemke

I got one of the double sinks from eBay, quality was great and price is unbeatable.

IMG_2874.PNG

Jess Peletier likes this.
  6. chylld

chylld Well-Known Member

If only it had some radius on the inner edges! Looks great though and a fantastic price.

7. Westminster

How is the planning going @Jess Peletier ?

Some more of my kitchen has gone in.

Scullery sink (I'm so in love!!!) with pull out tap spout thingy

[​IMG]

My utensil drawer under the hotplate (who cares that it's just ugly plastic insert)

[​IMG]

Cutlery drawer on the island (yes still ugly!)

[​IMG]

Perthguy and Jess Peletier like this.
  8. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

Having a draw for utensils right near the hotplates sounds convenient, but I'd like to know how well plastic (and metals) go under hotplates... does the space get hot? Let us know.

9. Jess Peletier

Jess Peletier Mortgage Broker & Finance Strategy, Aus Wide! Business Member

Hey @Westminster were still battling with the plan- really struggling with it! We have 2 ideas, one is to do it like a galley kitchen with a movable island - hubby is chef and he likes this idea. The space is really big for a galley style though so not sure if it will look odd. I'll post photos. I like this idea also because it will orientate the kitchen toward the view out the window near the sink. I also like the symettry this will allow and the removal of corner cabinets.

The layout would be fridge, bench with under oven and cooktop, and pantry on the other end.

The other idea is to leave it similar to now in a u- shape - well do a double pantry next to the fridge and put the oven below the bench with the cooktop over it, and overheads to the corner. Everything else will stay pretty much the same except the IKEA island will get replaced wth proper cabinetry.

Ideas?

Attached Files:

10. Westminster

There is a special layer under the hotplate to stop the transfer of heat so it should be fine. I have drawers under my hotplate now for utensils and no heat transference at all.
    I'm going to replace the icky plastic with bamboo organisers
    VARIERA Cutlery tray - IKEA

11. Westminster

@Jess Peletier I think I'm leaning towards the wide gallery when I look at your photos. Yes, it is a very wide gallery but as Chef has pointed out it can then take something on wheels in the middle.
    I love the idea of no corner cabinets and the symmetry on the oven/fridge/pantry side

[​IMG]

12. Brittany Grace

Brittany Grace Well-Known Member

I certainly miss my old kitchen in our previous renovated home.. It was super practical. The one thing I wanted to make sure I had was lots of draw storage and zero corner cupboards!

Goodluck designing your kitchen new kitchen Jess

Attached Files:

13. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

I love the photo @Westminster posted, but you have big windows and only one full wall for fridge and hob... unless you close up the back window, but then you lose a lot of storage.

I'd move the "island" you have to the centre, perhaps on lockable casters?

You could leave it "as is" but update it and instead of having to live with corner cupboards, a friend of mine has this set up...

Screen Shot 2017-07-18 at 4.08.43 pm.png

14. Phar Lap

Phar Lap Well-Known Member

I initially liked this photo, but now realise there is a lot of wasted space each side of these drawers.
    But do commend the inventor for making it easier to get stuff out of those horrible corners.

The old rotating thingy inside is probable just as good but at least there is now 3 different sections with this example (above)

15. Jacque

Jacque Jacque Parker Premium Member

Hey @Westminster what cooktop are you going with? I'm currently revamping our kitchen and replacing gas cooktop with induction- I've had it in previous house and won't use anything else now. They are safer, faster and much cleaner.

16. Jess Peletier

Jess Peletier Mortgage Broker & Finance Strategy, Aus Wide! Business Member

I really dislike those drawers!! the angles just grind on me...I'm a sucker for nice clean lines, and the diagonal drawers make my bones hurt.

I agree with moving the island to the middle, hubby will put castors on so we can move it around. The photo @Westminster posted feels soothing to me, so we're going to go that way. I reckon it'll end up being quite a lot cheaper too, it'll be significantly less cabinetry.

Westminster likes this.
  17. Westminster

hi @Jacque I'm going with a Siemens 800mm product which doesn't have set zones for the induction but notices where you put the pot and turns that bit on. It's way cleverer than me :) I have gas now and it's a **** to clean so I'm looking forward to something I can just wipe down. EH875KU12E

18. wylie

That is a nice idea and I got excited until I saw the price... :eek:

chylld and Jess Peletier like this.
  19. Westminster

I don't pay retail :) I got it for around 30% off. Even then it's not cheap but I'm splurging on this kitchen after cooking on a camping stove for 10yrs at my old one.

20. wylie

Reminds me of the lady who told me that after several years of having had her kitchen ripped out and making do with temporary storage and having to wash up in tubs on the verandah, she and a friend took their kids to Hong Kong, called her hubby once they got there and said when he had the kitchen done, she'd come home.

He got it organised very quickly. Smart lady (but goodness knows why she put up with such basic conditions for so many years before hitting on the solution).

Gockie and Westminster like this.

PFI can assist you with your investment strategies for your SMSF, Life Cover for your members and assistance with compliance. We provide the research to ensure your investment selections achieve the goals. This is the value of advice