PPOR investing in Canberra - old or new ?

Discussion in 'What to buy' started by randominvestor, 23rd Mar, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. PandS

PandS Well-Known Member

Good way to invest in property, margin of safety at work, it works for stock market as well properties.

Stock market you have to work out the real value of the business and you buy them under their real value and you profit from dividend and capital growth but if there is a correction you already factor that into your purchase price so your down side is low but your upside is high.

Properties your margin of safety is the price you pay + your time you put in renovating the property

if you didn't over pay and the market turns bad, you just lose your time but the value added like a new kitchen or bathroom should hold compared to the older house without the same makeup.

2. Cimbom

Cimbom Well-Known Member

Yep, for sure. Our UCV is 300k but a similar block sold probably 1.5 years ago now for just under 500k.

3. jefn89

jefn89 Well-Known Member

Hey DMB, am likely to be moving to Canberra in a few years with my partner who has family and friends down there.. Would you mind if we kept in touch so I can have someone on the ground to give some perspective on which areas are doing what?

While I'm looking to build a portfolio of investment property, this one will be not purely based on the numbers! Have pin-pointed a few areas already

4. dmb1978

dmb1978 Well-Known Member

No worries, happy to help if I can but currently living overseas for a bit so my knowledge may not be contemporary.

jefn89 likes this.

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia