NSW PPOR in Wattle Grove/Holsworthy

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by naththai, 8th Oct, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. naththai

naththai New Member

I am a first time home buyer and looking to buy a PPOR. I have been looking for suburbs with good schools and with reasonable lot size (450m2+). I recently hit upon Holsworthy/Wattle Grove and after looking at few properties I liked the suburb. The suburb seems to be family friendly with good school and good connectivitiy to city. However, I was intrigued by the slow growth of property prices when compared with suburbs like Ponds, Riverstone etc. I am a noob in realestate and have been trying to understand why this is the case. I am a bit concerned if buying PPOR in Wattle Grove would be a financially dumb move. Any insights into why the suburb has slow appreciation?

[1] SQM Research - Property - Weekly Asking Property Prices - 2765 (Riverstone had 23% growth in last year)
    [2] SQM Research - Property - Weekly Asking Property Prices - 2173 (Wattle Grove only had 11% growth and its 3y pa growth is only 2.6%)

2. NG.

NG. Well-Known Member

I like the area too as I grew up in 2170/chipping Norton

other areas seeing more growth as that is where the government is throwing investment vis infrastructure…