PPOR duplex development

Discussion in 'Investment Strategy' started by LarryOLarry, 4th Jan, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. LarryOLarry

LarryOLarry New Member

Hi All, I'm looking at a place in the Moreland Council in Victoria (quiet street, zoned neighbourhood resi zone). Site is 640m2 (15 metre frontage) with an old rundown house on it. I'd be buying it with a view to knocking it down and putting a side by side duplex on it (~320m2 each). I'd love to do a hammerhead block but I don't think there's enough room for a driveway (and the minimum garden requirement). Does anyone know if that frontage is sufficient for a duplex?

2. Jey2018

Jey2018 Active Member

Council restrictions vary much. Best place to start is, call Moreland Council and ask for town planner and talk to them. They will give you a good direction.

Alternatively, there are private town planners and consult them. There will be a fee involved. but gives you confidence and peace of mind without any doubt.

In my case, after talking to the council, I did check with a private town planner here in western Syndey area and it cost me 150$.

PFI can assist you with your investment strategies for your SMSF, Life Cover for your members and assistance with compliance. We provide the research to ensure your investment selections achieve the goals. This is the value of advice