QLD PPOR - Dakabin and surrounding

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Jez45, 20th Aug, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Jez45

Jez45 New Member

Hi
    I need some advise here.
    Looking to buy PPOR in the northern of Brisbane.
    Currently considering Dakabin, but the market is quite slow thus no many comparable sales to assist my decision.

There is a property on the market asking for over $529K and average time on the market for Dakabin is 39 days and above. Vendors wants above asking price and are only using one property comparable. Median price for the area is 470K. Setting is 4B-2B-2G. The property do have some added items, land size is over 600m2 and was an ex-display. Vendors wants longer settlement period, and property been on the market for 17 days.

Any suggestion and advise on offer or that is way to high price in comparition to the median price and lack of comparable.

Thanks

2. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

Why do you want to spend that much money so far away?

3. Jez45

Jez45 New Member

Been looking for a while around. Even closer to the CBD though northern side of Brisbane, like Warner, Cashmere, Bald Hills, Bracken ridge, Upper Kedron, Ferny Hills. Struggling to find a decent PPOR in the price range of $500K - $560K for 4B-2B-2G with minimal reno.
    Dakabin is about 30km out of the CBD with a train line access. True it seems a long way out, but closer to North Lake which has developed fairly quickly. Dakabin is set to get a train station upgrade shortly but the real question is will the town grow with the Uni coming and North Lake Business Precinct being build.
    Any suggestion where else to look..
    Thanks

4. David Shih

David Shih Mortgage Broker Business Member

I think this is the problem - you basically want near new property, but the areas you're looking at are mostly existing houses of about 30-40 years old. So you ended up going further and further out to the newer estates.

How about something like this:
    20 Cobbity Cres Arana Hills Qld 4054 - House for Sale #128830402 - realestate.com.au

The place looks to be in decent condition - replace some of the old carpet then I think it's good to go. If you got money leftover can also do more around the house like modernize the bathroom. Also not too far from the Arana Hills shopping centre.

Though personally I would still prefer to buy a place closer to CBD like this and spend money to done it up instead:
    368 Webster Road Stafford Heights Qld 4053 - House for Sale #129095478 - realestate.com.au
    (note this one is on a main road so not recommend you to get it. The conditions inside is what I'm referring to)

All comes down to whether you're willing to chip in some efforts in doing up a place. If not the former example may suit your need better.

Cheers,
    David

BB5 likes this.
  5. BB5

BB5 Well-Known Member

I guess it's an individual thing but I would certainly go less new and around the arana and ferny area. Be so much quicker if commuting to the city and also way more things closer to the doorstep.

The secret is out though and you have to jump on it after one open or it's gone.